GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank you Vannooch. How about plugs? Should I stick to stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstang View Post
    Thank you Vannooch. How about plugs? Should I stick to stock?
    My apologies for the late response, that is what I run in mine along with the wires. Keep an eye on the oil pressure, I spun a bearing in the original engine pulling my travel trailer up over a mountain. I was pushing too hard and was doing about 60-65mph in second gear and killed her. I replaced with a GM crate engine and am very pleased. The original had 120 miles on it and I did notice that the oil pressure was low running the 5w 30 oil. The new engine I am running a wolf's head synthetic blend 10w 30 and it seem to be working out. They are great vans, mine doesn't have any rust, all galvanized body is a great thing. I hope it lasts me until I retire in about 25 years. We'll see she has 155,000 on the transmission and hopefully it will last to 200,000 miles. I wish that they would reintroduce the SLT interior it is very nice being able to pop the bucket seats out and load my ZZR1200 into it, or plywood, or pellets, or 12' 2x4's, or scaffolding, or whatever else! I use a Setachi SoundFly Bluetooth transmitter to hook my phone up to the stereo system and play music from my phone as well as voice text and phone calls.
    2001 GMC Savana SLT

John 8:31-32

I have A Explorer conversion, have anyone of you Heard where you van get hold of electrical/audio/video layout, my explorer I quite modified I that aspect and I have a lot of mixed old and new cables :-\ would be nice to know what goes where... If there is any original amps hidden somewhere and so on, the van is a savana -03 hightop limited se

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmannen View Post
    I have A Explorer conversion, have anyone of you Heard where you van get hold of electrical/audio/video layout, my explorer I quite modified I that aspect and I have a lot of mixed old and new cables :-\ would be nice to know what goes where... If there is any original amps hidden somewhere and so on, the van is a savana -03 hightop limited se
    I would start here, contact them and they may be able to match the VIN and give you some idea of any options installed and what is where, possibly even a wiring schematic. I hope this helps.

Noob question but where do I find my VIN? On a door post?

Noob question but where do I find my VIN? On a door post?
    On the latch edge of the door there should be a sticker with it on it. Also if you look on the dash from the outside through the windshield near the drivers side door there is usually a tag riveted to the dash with the VIN imprinted on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, the link didn't show up in my earlier post.

http://www.explorervan.com/contact_us.cfm

There it is!

just picked up a '96 G30 Quigley 4X4 conversion with 192k miles. body in sound condition and needs a little mechanical work. i am retired and have more time on my hands than money. as "a child of the 60's" and having done a couple of van interior conversions i thought i'd take my time and build me a nice bugout vehicle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96G30-4X4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	57900

- - - Updated - - -

i have a question too, if anyone knows? the wiper arms do not have a locking clip and don't seem to have a pop off cap to expose a locking nut. i am thinking they must have a locking cam that is released when the arm is lifted and the the arm can then be pried off, but i am not sure and i don't want to force it if i am wrong. does anyone know? thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by vannooch View Post
    On the latch edge of the door there should be a sticker with it on it. Also if you look on the dash from the outside through the windshield near the drivers side door there is usually a tag riveted to the dash with the VIN imprinted on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, the link didn't show up in my earlier post.

http://www.explorervan.com/contact_us.cfm

There it is!

thank you for the help, mailed them and they could send parts to Sweden, didn't give them my vin yet thought but seems like I can get some papers for it. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by popajones View Post
    just picked up a '96 G30 Quigley 4X4 conversion with 192k miles. body in sound condition and needs a little mechanical work. i am retired and have more time on my hands than money. as "a child of the 60's" and having done a couple of van interior conversions i thought i'd take my time and build me a nice bugout vehicle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96G30-4X4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	57900

- - - Updated - - -

i have a question too, if anyone knows? the wiper arms do not have a locking clip and don't seem to have a pop off cap to expose a locking nut. i am thinking they must have a locking cam that is released when the arm is lifted and the the arm can then be pried off, but i am not sure and i don't want to force it if i am wrong. does anyone know? thanx!
    Nice looking rig ya got there, I would love to have a Quigley conversion in 3500 diesel. I am not sure of the 96 GM wiper arms, did you try youtube?

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for the help, mailed them and they could send parts to Sweden, didn't give them my vin yet thought but seems like I can get some papers for it. Thank you
    Your most welcome, I am happy that it is working out for you, and again sorry for the late reply. I need to check in more often, usually on the bike forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12