GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Headlight upgrade

Hi, I am looking at upgrading the bulbs in my truck, one just burned out. The stock low beams stink. I do not have the cash right now to go HID. So what upgrade bulb would you guys (or girls) suggest? silverstar? silverstar ultra? something else? I really don't want blue light. Thanks
    Oh yeah, my bulb is a 9006

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Legend
    Blog Entries

hey.. i live on the alaska hwy in northern BC, it is pitch black, with moose and bear everywhere, just got new headlights in yesterday.. PIAA 9006 (9000 series), I changed my low beams.. I am going to change my high beams next week They are so good! The set was $100.00. They are nice and bright (not blue), I can see every Moose and Deer...lol http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs.html check them out!

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Thanks Erica! I will see if I can find a local shop that carries them. Did you get the Intense white, Xtreme white plus, or the Super plasma gtx?

X2 on the piaa! those are good headlights I bet all the models will be bright, just depends what color you want.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend
    Blog Entries

i got the 9006 xtreme white lights.. they are amazing. you will love them.. im getting the smaller PIAA bulbs for my fogs, as my stock ones are yellow-ish and the PIAA are white.. big difference.. I am going to change the high beams on friday...

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Ohhh forgot to tell you they come with a 1 yr warranty too, and they are really good at honoring them. My ex and I owned Subies, and we had them in all the cars, they blew and we returned them with the warranty..No issues... Grab two sets, one for the low beam and one for the high!! Enjoy

Very good info Erica, Thanks! I will try to find them in the morning. I may consider doing the fogs also, you can not even tell that they are on right now.

Legend
    Blog Entries

No problem, anytime!!... You will notice a difference in the pitch dark... (do the fogs... the yellow will drive you crazy) lol! Let me know which ones you get..and how they work...!!

Nokya's are cheaper than PIAA's and are just as bright, I've been using them for years and am very happy with them.

Adam

PIAA fan for non hid

-JJ
    04 Silverado Ext-Cab 2wd LS w/ 5.3L
    Spectre Performance CAI
    FLOPRO Dual Exhaust
    Bakflip HD Bedcover
    2005 Z71 17in wheels on Duellar A/Ts
    DDM Tuning 6k HID Low Beams
    Sony Headunit w/ iPod
    Blacked out Bowtie and Windows
    Matched Paint for bumpers and grill

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Nokya's are cheaper than PIAA's and are just as bright, I've been using them for years and am very happy with them.

Which Nokyas are you using?
    2004 GMC Sierra SLT Z71, Truxedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover, Rhinoliner bed liner, Putco side rails, Weathertech window deflectors and floor mats, AMP Research bed extender, GMC cloth seat covers, light bar, lights and more to come.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by