GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Lift kit confusion driving me crazy!!

Hey guy's so I'm wanting to put the rough country 4.75 inch combo lift on my truck and upgrade the wheels and tires...but I'm really confused on what I need to do...I already have a 2" rough country leveling kit? will that affect the 4.75 lift at all?

If it doesn't affect everything and I get the kit installed, GREAT! but my next problem is..choosing wheels and tires...it says I will need a wheel backspacing of 5.5-6"...What is the backspacing on stock chevy rims? Second question When I look tires up online...and it says that the rim is 20x9...what does the 9 mean? and some sites show the offset of being 35...is the 35mm? Are backspacing and offset connected somehow?

Sorry for all the questions...if there's a write up on all this someone could lead me to that would be great, or if someone could show me a link to the set of XD rockstars with 33" tires that would fit a my truck that would be great.

Cheers, and thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to help me out

Matt.

Keep your 2" leveling kit and get a 3" body lift from Performance Accessories or Zone. Stay away from that Crappy RC 3.5" setup (which is what your looking at combined with their 1.25" BL). It's trash...trust me. If you don't, you will have to remove your 2" leveling kit.

Factory backspacing:
    17x7.5=
    +31mm offset(5.5" or 139mm)
    18x8= +31mm offset(5.7" or 145mm)
    20x8.5= +31mm offset(5.9" or 150mm)

Offset and backspacing are one in the same. See below and how to convert one to the other.
    http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/t...p?bulletin=s10

Thanks for the information i really appreciate it...I have heard that the RCX lifts are not the greatest, people say just get different shocks and it will be fine...But I'll look into the P.A body lift for sure.

Thanks again,

Matt.

What's your opinions on the 4" fabtech kit? I'm looking at that one as well.

X2 stay away from the RC stuff, too many quality issues in the past. Fabtech is a good kit as well as BDS, Rancho and Skyjacker.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    X2 stay away from the RC stuff, too many quality issues in the past. Fabtech is a good kit as well as BDS, Rancho and Skyjacker.
    x3 i had the RC 3 inch lift it was the worst kit i ever bought. Fabtech bds rancho skyjacker are all high quality lifts.

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Thanks for the info guys...I was talking to someone today and they have the 4" readylift kit...cost 1000 bucks....anyone have any input about this kit?

Thanks again.

The 4" Ready Lift is a poorly designed kit and rides like a wagon from what I've read from some of the guys who are actaully willing to admit that what they bought sucks. That kit does little to address CV angles and nothing to address BJ and TRE angles, so don't do it IMO. Also, Fabtech only makes a 6" kit (Actually nets 8") for your truck.

Awesome thanks for the reply...It's good to find out all this stuff before I decide what to buy...maybe I'll have to hold off a little longer and get the bds kit or fabtech...with your 6" BDS lift did you have to do any cutting or anything to get it in or was it direct bolt on? my dealer said that my warranty will still cover everything as long as there's no cutting or trimming when the kits installed.

If you are looking in the $1k range check out Rancho. They make a 4" kit. Not sure the year of your truck. Check out their website. gorancho.com

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by