GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Black Friday Hauls

This year I only went to Sears, like I do every year. I made some very nice scores, but I also spent more than I was expecting. The prices were just too good! 50% off on most of the tools I got! Total cost was $550. Guess some other toys I've been wanting will have to wait. :(

The haul was:

309 Piece mechanics tool set
    Ratcheting wrench sets in both metric and standard
    1/2" drive torque wrench
    3/8" drive torque wrench
    Deep impact sockets in both metric and standard
    Shallow impact sockets in both metric and standard
    Feeler gauge set
    Free tool bag for buying $20 worth of tools.

Everything in that list was 50% off except the shallow sockets and feeler gauges. I'm not sure if they tried to trick me with the shallow impact sockets with a tag that looked like a sale or what, but I somehow paid full price for them. I also needed the feeler gauges, and full price for them was only 7 bucks.

Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend
    Blog Entries

Looks like a pretty good haul! I have a nice collection of craftsman tools but it does not stop me from wanting more! I stayed out of the stores today. Don't know about tomorrow, looks like I need to go to Sears!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Nice haul, never enough tools. Did some shopping on Amazon.com and hit some stores after lunch. By then the crowds were gone.
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

went to pepboys and got a few odds and ends, nothing special, tried to stay away from the big stores. mostly just drove around, didnt want to sit in the house, was to nice out.

may have to hit sears tomorrow, ive been looking to add to the tool collection.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

This was the first year that I DIDN'T go out shopping, I stayed home working on my cars. I saved lot's of money!

Blog Entries

Well all of you probably had more fun than I did, nine and a half hours working at menards. WOOT lol! I have to say all of the customers were well behaved except for one grumpy old fart at around 2pm.

2002 Suburban 4x4 LS 9 Passenger
    1991 Ford F-150

Very nice haul, i didnt need or want anything badly enough to deal with all the people.....so i just went home and relaxed lol
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well I am far from home So I spent Fri in Chacago,Il with my wife and father. We were going to go to the Sears tower But it had a 3 1/2 hr waiting line just to get in.. So we took the Boat tour which was nice.. Today I think we are going to Cheese World in Wi and get some things.. I'll do my shopping some time next week when I'm back in NJ...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

You gotta love this....

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...pepper-sprayed
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

You gotta love this....

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...pepper-sprayed
    Man its crazy out there, my buddy went to walmart around 10 pm on thursday and 2 women were hair pulling fighting over TOWELS, I mean really towels. He said there was another fight earlier but he didnt know what caused that. BUT things ppl will do for STUFF!
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik