Results 1 to 6 of 6
11-25-2011, 09:31 PM #1
Data gathering for regearing -- some assistance?
Here's what I know:
- Year, Make, & Model: 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 w/ 96" Bed
- Tire size: 315/70R17
- Original Gear Ratio: 3.73 (RPO Code GT4 = Axle Rear (DUP WITH 5 X 1) 3.73)
- Desired Gear Ratio: 4.56
- Number of Cover Bolts: 10 bolt (11 inches wide - i.e. has GM 8.2 or 8.5 ring gear diameter, but not sure which)
- Transmission Type: 4L60E
- Engine Size: 5.3L
- Desired Highway Cruise Engine RPM: ~2000
- Number of Wheel Lugs: 6
- Suspension Type: Independent Front
Here's what I need to know (ideally without any disassembly, as I'm merely information gathering in order to cost out parts) and don't know how to find out:
- Axle spline Count?
- Actual Ring Gear Diameter (8.2" or 8.5")?
- Number of Ring Gear Bolts?
- Dana Bill of Material Number or Tag Numbers (if applicable)?
- Standard or Reverse Rotation Front Ring & Pinion?
- Axle Bearing Outer Diameter?
Last edited by SurrealOne; 11-25-2011 at 09:36 PM.
11-26-2011, 09:44 PM #2
This data is what needs to be collected prior to ordering parts for regearing. Colour me VERY surprised that we have so many people who have regeared ... and no one ordered his/her own parts.
11-27-2011, 12:04 AM #3
Check out this link------>http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_cata...d_pinions.html Doesn't have everything you need but it's a start!04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light
11-27-2011, 03:28 AM #4
11-27-2011, 10:04 AM #5
To help with some of your questions on your 2004" Sierra with 3.73's,
.....Axle spline Count......30
.....Actual Ring Gear Diameter........8.625
.....Number of Ring Gear Bolts......10/Bolts
.....Standard or Reverse Rotation Front Ring & Pinion.......Standard
11-27-2011, 03:26 PM #6
By 10mmguy83 in forum General Chevy & GM TechReplies: 4Last Post: 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
By Steve in forum Other GM CarsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-21-2010, 05:52 AM
By 05bluebeauty in forum GM Powertrain TechReplies: 15Last Post: 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
By Silverado1500 in forum Lifted & Offroad SuspensionReplies: 6Last Post: 01-21-2010, 08:01 AM
By KC8QVO in forum GM Powertrain TechReplies: 12Last Post: 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Tags for this Thread