GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Shocks, brake pads & stainless lines

So as the title states, I am looking into doing some much needed maintenance for my 2004 silverado.

I bought the truck that was a dealer trade in with 88k miles, and now it has 102k miles. I have replaced the front rotors and pads with some Autozone stuff after getting some new tires and It is time to do everything.

So, brands. What are the brands that you guys use for your Silverado? I am familiar with most of the aftermarket lift kit brands, and things like Edelbrock, and Hawk. But I do not really know what companies make good products, and which companies just offer products to fill a product line.

Also on a seperate note my steering is getting a bit loosy goosy for my comfort, and I would like to tighten it up. Aside from just replacing all the linkage is there anything else I can do?
    2006 Magnetic Black 350Z

2004 Silverado Z71
    Nitto Terra Grapplers | Viper Remote Start

I'm Running and have been running with Edelbrock I.A.S. Shocks.....SSBC's Stainless Steel Slotted Rotor's W/Hawk H.P. Ceramic Pads and Russell's Stainless Steel Braided Brake-lines........I could not be Any More Pleased with the return on my Investment regarding these Aftermarket Parts I've mentioned and that I have Installed on my Silverado.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Legend
    Blog Entries

X2 on the Edelbrock IAS shocks, I have been running them on my 01' S10 and they are a super nice riding shock. I just buy cheap brakes as I am too hard on them to spend big money, although If I had to pick a name brand it would be EBC for a lot of reasons.

Check my signature for what shocks, stainless steel lines, brake rotors, and brake pads are on my truck. Worth noting is that EBC rotors were my #2 choice ... and what I would have bought if I hadn't elected to pick up cryo-tempered rotors. I steered clear of ceramic pads as semi-metallics offer more cold bite than ceramics. I also don't like the dust colour that ceramics produce as it'd have left a brown dust on my black wheels. (Ceramics would have been fine for my application -- I simply have my preferences!)

The ride quality on the Bilsteins is outstanding...
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 11-26-2011 at 10:07 PM.

I'm running dual Edelbrock remotes, Russell brake lines and EBC brakes.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses: