GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Exhaust duals.?

Default Exhaust duals.?

I have a 01 chevy 1500. 2wd standard cab with the 5.3l.

I want an exhaust system thats midly loud.I want it to be a DEEP RUMBLE though. Not a raspy throaty noise.

I was thinking True duals. On my stock exhaust now, the 02 senso is before the exhuast from both sides of the engine come together. Its on the right side of the engine.

But What mufflers should i get?
    My buddy has the Flowtech Warlocks on his 04 2500 http://www.jegs.com/p/Flowtech/Flowt...44884/10002/-1.
    Now i like the idea of the removable cap to make it straight piped. His is just obnoxious as all get out without the caps and it would be cool to run it like that every once in awhile. But i his isnt very deep and its kind of raspy with the plugs in and running as "true duals"
    He has his running from 2.75 to 3 and told me to just get it converted over to 3 earlier and closer to the engine than he did.

BUT what is your guys opinion?

I WANT DEEP MEAN RUMBLE NO RASPY STUFF

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

im wanting some mufflers that are less than 120 each. I saw a video of a 2500hd with super 44s and magnaflow hi flow cats that sounded SICK

Master Mechanic

Heres what i'm running. This is not my video, and i'm not running true duals but this guy says he is. I get a lot of compliments so heres a link.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    Heres what i'm running. This is not my video, and i'm not running true duals but this guy says he is. I get a lot of compliments so heres a link.
    that is exactly what i like. Except i didnt want to spend around 400 before installation. With the high flow cats and the super 44 series..

Those True Dual 10's sound good!