GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

No problem. Do you have any idea how much he might have paid for the aftermarket power options? Did he replace the whole door panel or just get some buttons put in? Definitely one of my to do things, lol. The only thing I miss about my old truck is power windows.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Sr. Apprentice

those are exactly what I want! I found em on eBay, if my truck doesn't come with heated mirrors will it still have the plug reciever to adapt to the heated?
    Last edited by tecster; 11-27-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    No problem. Do you have any idea how much he might have paid for the aftermarket power options? Did he replace the whole door panel or just get some buttons put in? Definitely one of my to do things, lol. The only thing I miss about my old truck is power windows.
    I have no idea dude, sorry. I'm gonna guess ~$250-$300? And he just got some buttons put in, I wish he/ whoever did the install could have done a neater job, it's kind of a hack job but it's not terrible.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Looks great

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Looks good Jimmeh. What brand is the topper?
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

The new upgrades look great! I really want a set of those tow mirrors but I don't want to give up my power folding. if only there was an easy way to fit Super Duty tow mirrors on to bases that fit GM trucks... I'd gladly sort out the wiring to make a set of those work

Quote Originally Posted by tecster View Post
    those are exactly what I want! I found em on eBay, if my truck doesn't come with heated mirrors will it still have the plug reciever to adapt to the heated?
    If you have a rear defroster in your truck, the wiring would probably be there. If you don't have rear defrost, you won't be able to have working heated mirrors because without heated mirrors and/or rear defrost from the factory, the heater controls don't have the button to activate them and the wiring won't be in place.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Looks good Jimmeh. What brand is the topper?
    It is an Apex brand. I've never actually heard of them, but the quality seems good. My only complaint is that it seems no matter what I do, it is a little cockeyed if you look really close in the mirrors. I'm still going to try to figure that out, but at the moment it's too cold out for me to stay out for a long enough time to fix it.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Jimmeh my Yakima basket is called the megawarrior, It is almost as long as the truck bed, and it's almost as wide as the topper. It's pretty much the whole top of my topper, I bought mine solely for lighting purposes though. If you do get one for the top of your camper shell, just keep in mind how much weight you put in it because of the fragile fiberglass.

Regarding your last post about the cap seeming crooked, mine was the same way lol! My theory for mine was that from age the cap actually spread open a little bit, so I took a ratchet strap and put it all the way around the cap and made it real snug and let it set for a few days. Believe it or not it actually drew the cap back into shape, mine was setting at like a 15 degree angle when I first got it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12