GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey...
    Dang! You had a rough day... I had a bad weekend, but I guess it doesn't compare to yours.. I will donate a toe for you, if you lose that one..lol I may be a different colour (cause I am tan) and it may be a different size, but it is the thought that counts. We truck peeps gotta stick together... Well, to speak on the 22 kids, my mother has 14 brothers and 7 sisters, and none are twins and from the same women. I have cousins, 2nd cousins and 3rd cousins I never even met. Hope the door didn't get damaged, they are expensive to fix.. j/k Hope the toe heals!! Sending you good vibes!!

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your support Erica. My toe looks like it will be okay. It was broken worse than I thought - shattered was more like it. LOL What is important is than the broken stuff did not move. If it did and was not corrected then there could be long term joint damage which leads to problems walking at some point down the road.

I guess the good vibes helped because as it now stands, I will ski Big Sky Montana Dec 31 through Jan 6! I just have to avoid kicking door frames in the mean time....

Family is really weird, on Dad's side I have cousins that are old enough to be my dad and cousins that are young enough that I could be their dad. My "reproductive" cousin embodies the best of our family; he loves kids and his love knows no bounds. Sounds like you family is sorta the same way.

The door frame has a respectable dent but my bone has the splinters! LOL
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey.. I am glad that your feeling a bit better... Well, i guess your feeling good enough to go skiing... woosh woosh!! haha...Please dont get hurt skiing, I can donate a toe, but other body parts I really need.. Hope it heals fast... Stop kicking doors!! lol, see cause one day they kick back..I broke bones; arms, leg, face, fingers...haha... you can say that I a bit a need for speed, and other people just got in my way... Make sure that you take care of yourself.. post pics of the skiing, and make sure you come back in one piece please..

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yea the trip was planned months ago and the plane ticket has been purchased. If by some twisted turn of fate I could not ski then I would be sitting by the fire pounding a few cold ones and reading a good book. Don't worry, I like my momma's middle son - he won't get hurt skiing. Walking, well that is another story........

Legend
    Blog Entries

haha! Pounding back a few cold ones eh?? Nice skiing trip.. Just dont come back missing any body parts or broken stuff, ...If you do, you better post some pics... Take care of that toe of yours, I don't want to have to call you "Johnny-nine toes" hahaha!! You get hurt walking? dang... and your walking, and poof!! a door appears...lol Sorry hun, you won't live that down for a while... Those doors, just appear out of no-where... Tell me the next one that hurts you, and I will take it out back and axe it!!! lol

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well, this is what happened in 2009 when I skied Big Sky. Actually the picture is quite misleading. I was not as close as it appears. It got back home before I did so I had a lot to live down then too. The door thing is quite easily explained but it still does not fully absolve me of being a klutz. It was early in the morning on a Sunday. The bath robes hang between the back of the door and the adjoining wall. This causes the door to be slightly closed which makes you want to walk closer to the door casing. Nevertheless, pushing the door open a little more is a lot easier than hopping around on one foot shouting obscenities right before Church. LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0413.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	32357

Legend
    Blog Entries

Nice Pic! Is that you on your back in the snow?? lol great pic.. I will eventually get tired of the "door bit", give me a few days, then I will get bored...You will have to do something else to amuse me.. I am sorry that the door attacked you, and that you screamed out profanities...lol but make sure you tell the door, to leave you alone!! I have a robe and towel behind the door, i know that it makes it heavy and then it swings back.. I just tell the door NO! hahaha!! You make me laugh so much... Thanks! Your the best...

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yea that would be me. It was the first run after lunch which consisted of something I ate and Moose Drool on tap. About three of them. So it was a bit of a flat run to get from the restaurant to the start of the slope. My legs were tired and I hit some heavy ungroomed stuff and decided not to fight it. I just sat down. So I was layer on my back with the intention of picking up my skis and rolling over to face back on the the slope. If you look closely you will see my ski laying against the tree. So that i when my buddy snapped the picture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12