GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Driver side door problem

I have a 2007 Silverado 5.3L. Last weekend I had to call roadside assistance to come and unlock my truck. Then on Tuesday I started getting warning lights and the locks cycled. I took it to my mechanic and there were no codes on the computer. Then on Wedensday while I was at a meeting I came out to my truck and the door was opened. I tried to shut it, but it would not shut, just kept bouncing open. I had to hold the door shut tight and lock it for it to stay closed. When I got home it would not open from inside or out.

How did roadside assistance unlock it? Did they go from the top or down the door panel? If they went down the door panel they may have knocked a rod off or bent it. Sounds like you may have to get it open and pull the inside panel to see what is going on in there.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)