GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default This 2004 GMC Sierra Bed (does it come in LWB?)

Hi guys, Im replacing the bed on my 2004 silverado and stumbled upon a sierra with a bed that i absolutely adore. I couldnt tell you what year model it was from but i do know for a fact that it was a 1500 & from the 99-06 body style, although the picture that I have for an example is a heavy duty, diesel 2500 looking type.

It is a non-step side, I wouldnt exactly call it fleetside, but it has some curvature on the fenders that looks great.

I want to replace my wrecked bed with one like this and I am wondering if it comes in LWB because i have a extended box.

Full size img located here: http://images.thecarconnection.com/m...00030095_m.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004-gmc-sierra-denali_100030095_m.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	32285

Quote Originally Posted by drwombat View Post
    Hi guys, Im replacing the bed on my 2004 silverado and stumbled upon a sierra with a bed that i absolutely adore. I couldnt tell you what year model it was from but i do know for a fact that it was a 1500 & from the 99-06 body style, although the picture that I have for an example is a heavy duty, diesel 2500 looking type.

It is a non-step side, I wouldnt exactly call it fleetside, but it has some curvature on the fenders that looks great.

I want to replace my wrecked bed with one like this and I am wondering if it comes in LWB because i have a extended box.

Full size img located here: http://images.thecarconnection.com/m...00030095_m.jpg

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004-gmc-sierra-denali_100030095_m.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	32285

The picture you've Posted is that of a G.MC. with Quadrasteer....that comes with (4 Wheel Steering System)......below is a link with the Information Regarding the Quadrasteer,

Edit:......I should add because of the Quadrasteer.....the beds come with that kick-out on the rear Fender's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrasteer

Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 11-28-2011 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Thank you and mechanical modifications aside, will this bed bolt on to a non quadra pickup? also did it come in lwb size?

Quote Originally Posted by drwombat View Post
    Thank you and mechanical modifications aside, will this bed bolt on to a non quadra pickup? also did it come in lwb size?
    The bed itself would bolt in place of a normal bed, but I wouldn't think it would look very good. The quadrasteer axle is wider than the standard one, which is the reason for the flare, so with a narrower axle, your tires would sit too far under. Also, it is not available in long (8') box lenght since the quadrasteer was only offered on the short box.

Even to graft the bedsides onto a long box would be extremely difficult because the quadrasteer box is composite, so it would involve taking that as well as a fleetside short box made from the composite (very hard to find) and splicing them together.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck

Quote Originally Posted by pmf608 View Post
    The bed itself would bolt in place of a normal bed, but I wouldn't think it would look very good. The quadrasteer axle is wider than the standard one, which is the reason for the flare, so with a narrower axle, your tires would sit too far under. Also, it is not available in long (8') box lenght since the quadrasteer was only offered on the short box.

Even to graft the bedsides onto a long box would be extremely difficult because the quadrasteer box is composite, so it would involve taking that as well as a fleetside short box made from the composite (very hard to find) and splicing them together.
    x2....On what pmf608 has mentioned above.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

on that note, whether its from a junkyard or a part-out; what should be the price range for this used bed im buying to replace my trashed one? is $250 the max? min?