GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default GM Remote Start from ebay

Hello all...it's been a while since I last posted something on here. I have a quick question. I'm looking at getting a couple of Remote Start key fobs and having my dealership Flash them but I'm not sure where to get the best deal. I have found multiple GM key fobs on ebay but I was wondering if any of you have had any experiance with those. Most of the ones that I've looked at say that they come with instructions for installation...but to me that would only work if you are just replacing your four button remotes...not actually installing new ones with the fourth (Remote Start) button. If this seems like a bad deal, where would be the best place to get the Remote Start fobs at a good deal? I thought that at one time there was a link on here that someone posted with these items. I can't remember if it was the same link that I went to when I purchase the DIC upgrade for my truck or not. Any help would be much appreciated.
    2010 Silverado LT Z71
    3"/2" Leveling Kit (will install after Deployment)
    SuperChips programmer

Flowmaster Super 40 with turn downs
    Looking for the tires now!

Quote Originally Posted by ammobaggett View Post
    Hello all...it's been a while since I last posted something on here. I have a quick question. I'm looking at getting a couple of Remote Start key fobs and having my dealership Flash them but I'm not sure where to get the best deal. I have found multiple GM key fobs on ebay but I was wondering if any of you have had any experiance with those. Most of the ones that I've looked at say that they come with instructions for installation...but to me that would only work if you are just replacing your four button remotes...not actually installing new ones with the fourth (Remote Start) button. If this seems like a bad deal, where would be the best place to get the Remote Start fobs at a good deal? I thought that at one time there was a link on here that someone posted with these items. I can't remember if it was the same link that I went to when I purchase the DIC upgrade for my truck or not. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Below is the Link I think your asking about, Regarding the Factory Remote Start Fobs,

Link,
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...-starter/page2

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Thanks for the info this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm really glad that you guys are on this site because every time I've had a question I always get a quick response with the answers that I need.
    2010 Silverado LT Z71
    SuperChips programmer

Thanks for the info this is exactly what I was looking for. I'm really glad that you guys are on this site because every time I've had a question I always get a quick response with the answers that I need.
    Your Welcome..........question do you have the RPO Code AP8, which is the Factory Remote starter Prep-package on your Silverado??

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE

Yes I have the AP8 code. I'm just trying to find the best deal on these remotes now. But I guess if I think about it, it's cheaper than buying an aftermarket remote start system. I had the Viper remote start on my Avalanche and I think I paid a little over $300 for it. I spoke with my dealership and they quoted me a little over $300 if they order the remotes for me and do the Flashing. But if I order the remotes they will only charge $41 to Flash it...still makes me think that the dealerships are always way over priced.
    2010 Silverado LT Z71
    SuperChips programmer

Yes I have the AP8 code. I'm just trying to find the best deal on these remotes now. But I guess if I think about it, it's cheaper than buying an aftermarket remote start system. I had the Viper remote start on my Avalanche and I think I paid a little over $300 for it. I spoke with my dealership and they quoted me a little over $300 if they order the remotes for me and do the Flashing. But if I order the remotes they will only charge $41 to Flash it...still makes me think that the dealerships are always way over priced.
    Got ya......I would mentioned that I've heard that buying the Factory Remote Start Fobs off of E-Bay may and most likely not work??......when you buy the Remote Starter Fob kits from the Dealer, there's a Security Code in the Kit that the Dealer needs when they call G.M. on the phone to prove you have a kit and in turn they give him (the Dealer) a new VCIM# to activate the AP8 remote start with the Tech 2......with that being said, you may want to check with your Dealer Regarding this........before you buy the Remote Start Fobs off of E-bay.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 11-30-2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE