GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Head lights ? What head lights ? What happened to my head lights ....

I'm at a loss on this one .....
    I have a 97 Yukon SLT and recently as I went to turn on my headlights, there weren't any ..... I still have DRL's but no low or high beams ... Parking and dash lamps all work ok but as soon as I turn that switch to head light on mode, the DRL's go out and nothing else comes on it their place. I can't locate any specific fuse that would cause this ... Yesterday morning I went down to the local salvage yard and tried swapping headlight switches from 3 other truck and it changed nothing ......
    Could it be a relay ? If so, how can I be sure and where would it be located ?
    Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated .... It gets pretty dark up here in the north woods of cheeseland ...
    Thanks,
    The Doberdewd

My problem was with the dimmer switch. I changed it out today and all works well.

it might be the wiring to the head lights i would check if there is voltage going to the lights

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door