GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation 2000 suburban factory sub replacement?

I have recently bought a 2000 suburban 4x4, and want to swap out the factory non Bose subwoofer in the rear driver side panel. Does anyone know of the amperage or OHMS range of the stock sub? I still have the stock head unit. Any help would be great

There should also be a stock amplifier for that sub. I would remove the sub and see if has the info you need on the magnet of the sub.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I was wondering the same thing but wanted to avoid pulling all the panels to remove the sub. Does anyone know if its a 6.5" or 8" sub in there?
    2000 Yukon SLT NBS
    Stock for now.

Jr. Apprentice Waldo Castellanos's Avatar

from what i have been looking looks like an 8 i am about to do the same thing and was wondering what you ended up doing
    2006 Suburban Z71 / Chevy 350 Powered Jeep YJ / 2001 Jeep XJ

Seems like I read somewhere that it was a 6.5" sub and was a shallow mount unless you use a spacer ring. My sub finally blew so I will be replacing in soon so I will know for sure then.
    2000 Yukon SLT NBS
    Stock for now.

Sr. Engineer

I pulled mine a couple of weeks ago to try and find a replacement. It is an eight inch, 2 (two) ohm speaker and a new one from the gm parts is about 55 to 60$. I think you could get an alpine low profile sub in there. HOWEVER, every where I went to discuss options Ovation, Fryes, Indy auto sound all said can't upgrade. Not enough power in stock form to drive them and additional amp needed. I have the premium sound option with no bose or onstar. I am going with stock replacement because I am not ready to pull the trigger on a 1000.00 to 1500.00 upgrade. Oh and I probably could not tell the difference anyway, just to old to care that much.
    2000 GMC YUKON SLT, 5.3L tow pkg, G80 rear/w 3.73 gear

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Just put the stock back in.. If you put a better sub which would want more then the 30 watts it would get from the stock amp you will have a bad sounding sub and cause it to go bad..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X