GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Battery - Sealled vs. Non-Sealed?

I'm going to be in the market shortly for a new battery for my truck (07 Sierra, 4.3L engine). The original battery is a sealed unit with 600 CCA. I've always used sealed battery's in the past, but go to wondering if there was any differnce in quality between sealed and non-sealed units. I plan on replacing with a higher CCA rating. Just curious as to what the members may think.

Sealed == maintenance-free. Sealed also means nothing to spill if you roll your truck (off-roading), etc. I only used sealed ... and have a pair of DieHard Platinum AGM batteries in my rig. (These are re-branded Odyssey batteries that are cheaper than Odyssey batteries. Great warranty, too, but like all deep-cycle AGM batteries they need a special charger.)
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 12-04-2011 at 02:38 AM.

I have used Optima red top batteries in the past. When the battery goes out in my truck I will be putting one in it. Like surreal said they are maint. free. They are "spill free" so if you have to mount one in an unusual way you don't have to worry about them leaking. And if you have a bunch of accessories you can go with the yellow top.