GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default In Trouble ~ Driving Parents Car

Did you ever get in trouble with your parents car? I have lots of stories of my teenage years of doing crazy things behind the wheel. When I was 16 Mom and Dad went out of town with friends and I was instructed not to drive the car (a big 73 Impala) ok I said. Of course the next morning I drove the car to school and afterward got into chase with a buddy and wham! something slammed undeneath the car and heard metal pinging, OH S###! . Stopped and found a circle saw blade not far behind with a line of gas leading back to the car and gas pouring out the bottom of the tank, which was full . Hauled back to house , Bobby ran into our garage bringing back a sheetmetal screw and faucet washer plugging the hole , guess who pulled into the driveway. Had to find work to pay for the gas, have tank removed and repaired, no use of the car for a couple of months missing out a few nights of the fun at the drive in.
    Last edited by Steve; 12-02-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    2012 4.8 LS

never, I was an angel and a perfect kid. Course I took my sister's car out once, it was a '74 Cougar and this was in Seattle during the fall so the roads were wet and slick. Some lady turned in front of me with and I slammed into her. Sister was happy because they gave her more than she paid for it.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jnbama View Post
    Did you ever get in trouble with your parents car? I have lots of stories of my teenage years of doing crazy things behind the wheel. When I was 16 Mom and Dad went out of town with friends and I was instructed not to drive the car (a big 73 Impala) ok I said. Of course the next morning I drove the car to school and afterward got into chase with a buddy and wham! something slammed undeneath the car and heard metal pinging, OH S###! . Stopped and found a circle saw blade not far behind with a line of gas leading back to the car and gas pouring out the bottom of the tank, which was full . Hauled back to house , Bobby ran into our garage bringing back a sheetmetal screw and faucet washer plugging the hole , guess who pulled into the driveway. Had to find work to pay for the gas, have tank removed and repaired, no use of the car for a couple of months missing out a few nights of the fun at the drive in.
    How did you hit a circular saw blade in the middle of the road? ouch! @jbbama

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

My parents knew me to well, they never let me use their cars or left the keys anywhere I could get them.
    In fact when they left town for the weekend they went as far as parking the cars in the garage and padlocking it on the outside, guess I didnt leave them with a lot of confidence.

When my daughter was 15 she took the wifes 91 Firebird out for a spin late one night while we were sleeping, we lived in Virginia Beach, Va. at the time, she slid off the road across a small beach and into the ocean at close to 100mph after she missed a turn.
    Took almost a year to get the car dewatered and running again.
    Last edited by tbplus10; 12-02-2011 at 11:55 AM.

I was sixteen, driving my dad's Vega through the woods, and a tree jumped out and side swiped me.

He asked me if I had been drinking or getting high...

To his and my amazement I was sober.

From that day on it was my car.
    Pavement sucks... :grrrrrr:

1994 K1500 4x4 Ext. Cab
    PCM chip and Xenon 8000k bulbs
    350cu.in bored over .050"
    balanced Crank, 10:1 compression
    Flat top pistons,cam,ported heads
    Option Racing Cold Air Intake
    Holley Throttle Body Spacer
    Accell Igition, 45kv coil
    FloTech Headers, no CATs, dual exhuast
    Goodyear Silent Armor A/T 305/70-16
    Pioneer SupertunerIII CD USB Bluetooth
    Kicker ZX200.2 ZX Amp
    Kicker Audio COMP 10" Subwoofer

Nothing major, lost some priviliges upon borrowing a tractor for school run when 10 or 11. Later had a minor fender bender with Dad's new Merc, totally my fault + backed into a steel pole when concentrating on the girl next to me instead of mirrors.
    Several close calls though, had the habit of beating the living daylights out of those diesels on small roads, especially in winter so snow banks were moved in best rally fashion and way too wide and long slides were resolved with luck instead of skill.

Ruined a set of new tyres when learning to park brake turn a Mercedes, not really the done deal but I was really annoyed that everybody at school were saying that due to the set up Merc can't be turned with hand brake (as it's called in this side of the pond).

-J
    Last edited by Johnny_Buchanan; 12-02-2011 at 12:29 PM.

While I was in high school I got caught coming home late one night in my parent's Olds when my parents were supposed to be out late, after my girlfriend and I had spent some time out in the woods.......

Took my mom's car out for an evening drive with my (now) wife, and found a nice romanitc spot in some high grass off a country road called Lovelake Road.... My mother still doesn't know about that one.

Of course, eventually my dad got tired of the cars coming home in need of some oil being added, and started showing me how to take care of a car. I suppose it helped that he was a mechanic by trade.
    csltrains96
    Myself, my beautiful wife
    3 - boys
    3 - minivans
    1 - '89 Chevy K2500 Silverado Truck
    1 - 27 foot travel trailer
    Not enough family time!

Legend
    Blog Entries

I was the only one out of the three that they never had to come and get out of jail. I was the good kid which is not saying a whole lot.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

nothing to major..... a few short groundings for taking when i wasnt sposed to etc. put one ina ditch when i first started driving cause some idiot couldnt stay on his side of the road.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

A high school buddy bent the right front spindel on his mom's prized Monarch when he attemped a Starskey an Hutch turn around

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    I was the only one out of the three that they never had to come and get out of jail. I was the good kid which is not saying a whole lot.
    My Dad in his later years said I was a good kid cause he never had to bail me out of jail, if he only knew the few times I was handcuffed and let go .
    2012 4.8 LS