GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: New Hood

Master Mechanic

Thanks thats what I originally planned on doing but had so many friends say leave it black. I have red 5.3L and silver Vortec emblems that will go on the rise and i think will make it look sick
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Paint it, your friends are wrong, unless you like the ricer look. Nice hood by the way, I like it.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Paint it, your friends are wrong, unless you like the ricer look. Nice hood by the way, I like it.
    Quoted for truth.

Master Mechanic

hahaha no, most definitively not going for the ricer look. i pick them out of my grill

Love the hood, would def paint to match though...What brand is it and how much did it hurt the checkbook????
    4.8L Vortec | 6inch Lift | 35'' BFG ALL TERRAINS | K&N Intake | AirRaid Throttle Body Space | 3inch straight pipe dumped at rear axle | BlackBear Tuned | 2 13in JL Audio Subs | 1000watt HD amp, 2.9 cap | Kenwood Dble Din | Gibson Hi Flo Cats | HIDs Hi/Los 55watt 8000k |4.56 gears |

Legend

Blog Entries

Painted blue and it will look great!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Master Mechanic

Blue. Looks Good!!
    Bill M. Blown 2003 Tahoe Z71

Blog Entries

I also say paint to match, but the center raised section should be painted silver, IMO. It would look so bad ass not only will any ricer in front of you explode from too much awesome, but random chicks will run out in front of your truck and flash you, and not because your headlights are bright or anything, but because they just want you to see some boobage. But, if you don't want to see boobage, you should just leave it black.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

I agree 100% with SurrealOne, that is exactly what I was going to suggest and then I saw that he had already. And your friends are wrong or jealous and they don't want your truck looking any better than it does now. Two tone can look great if done right and people like SurrealOne and I have very good taste. Good luck and yes that was a great choice on the hood.