GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

The only mod I regret doing is the throttle body spacer and cold air intake. Until I had my tune done, it did absolutely nothing for the truck (and IMO, still doesn't unless I romp on it which I don't anymore). Luckily, I bought both of those, a brand new battery, a set of wheels (now my winter wheels) and a set of tires all for $300 so it wasn't like I wasted a ton of money. Still though, every time I open the hood, I see them and shake my head in displeasure.

And me personally, if I don't feel comfortable doing something on the truck, I'll have a professional do it. For instance, I am terrible at wiring stuff, both home and auto so for my head unit, I had a local place do it and for my soon to be power windows they will also do it. I'd rather spend the money and have it done right with a warranty than me hack it up. It was the same with installing my leveling kit and the custom tune from the local customs shop. Just didn't think I could do it by myself since I don't get much help on truck mods. Everything else I have done on my own, though. If it's mechanical, I can work on it, lol.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Not that it was much of an upgrade or anything. But at one point put those Bosch +4 spark plugs in my truck and they were about 9$ a plug and after a couple months they crapped out on me as the space between the electrodes bridged themselves with carbon. Come to find out they aren't really any good in the Vortec engines and its a problem they had. Put some AC Delco rapidfires in it and its been working great since.
    1995 C1500 4.3L 2WD. JET TBI Spacer, JET stage 1 chip, 10mm Taylor custom wires, Pulstar Iridium Pulse Plugs.
    260k miles and still going strong...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12