GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default The birthing of a CAR AUDIO MONSTER

Just wanted to share my tahoe build with some fellow chevy lovers

Check this out and subscribe!

6 alternators,13 batteries-8 amps- 10 18" subs- 16 super tweeters- 16 pro audio mids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4lk7ejmKjY&feature=channel_video_title

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Not sure how clean it sounds But I bet it's loud!!!! Gotta see the end install.. I just want to know what you did with 800 feet of 1/0 Ga? I've built many LARGE systems and never used that much even in Bigger cars...And I've worked on cars from Little Pinto with 1800 watts RMS to Blimps to Hellacaptors and boats..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Not sure how clean it sounds But I bet it's loud!!!! Gotta see the end install.. I just want to know what you did with 800 feet of 1/0 Ga? I've built many LARGE systems and never used that much even in Bigger cars...And I've worked on cars from Little Pinto with 1800 watts RMS to Blimps to Hellacaptors and boats..
    Hook up all the alternators/amps to batteries

He'd need that. I used nearly 60 feet of 1/0AWG on both my big 3 upgrade and dual battery (w/ isolator) setup -- and all of mine is under the hood. He's running from the front to the back with piles of alternators and batteries....

The sound-deadening looked good but I'd worry it's not enough for that setup. I wanted to see pictures of the installed alternators; the step entailing choosing brackets for them and their mounting positions was missing ... as was the step about what serpentine belt to use. I know those aren't sexy steps for the uninitiated ... but they are important ones regardless. Car audio people know just how much custom alternators, brackets, and mounting can run and how important they are in setups like this one.

I didn't see a step for choosing an alarm to protect all that gear ... or using a garage to keep it in so night time break-ins aren't a concern. :P

Surreal

Quote Originally Posted by surrealone View Post
    He'd need that. I used nearly 60 feet of 1/0AWG on both my big 3 upgrade and dual battery (w/ isolator) setup -- and all of mine is under the hood. He's running from the front to the back with piles of alternators and batteries....

The sound-deadening looked good but I'd worry it's not enough for that setup. I wanted to see pictures of the installed alternators; the step entailing choosing brackets for them and their mounting positions was missing ... as was the step about what serpentine belt to use. I know those aren't sexy steps for the uninitiated ... but they are important ones regardless. Car audio people know just how much custom alternators, brackets, and mounting can run and how important they are in setups like this one.

I didn't see a step for choosing an alarm to protect all that gear ... or using a garage to keep it in so night time break-ins aren't a concern. :P

Surreal
    Already had 6 on my Tahoe before, taking it to Mechman this time to get all new brackets and everything done

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Here ya go

couple of pictures of my new buss bars for my batteries I had custom made

WOW !!! This ride looks alot like the one that parked beside me at Scrapin the Coast !!! lol ...

Looks Awesome Mr. Price !!! See you on D4S !!!
    Randal Johnson ... Comcast Xfinity ... 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab
    Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio / Audio Technix ...

Sr. Mechanic

Looking good, can you get the belt at Autozone? That thing gotta be 20ft long. How bout posting some specs on those Sundown amps. Oughta be able to pull off a hair trick or two ya think?

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

(Coming up - Fuel Injected 383 Stroker - Divorced NP205 - D60 - 40" tires)

Beautiful work under the hood, right down to the stepped wire ties and custom bars. I, too, am curious how long that belt is ... and more important, how it was sized. I've never done multi- alternators but I considered it and one reason I didn't go there was I wasn't sure how to size the belt length after adding the new alternator bracket with alternator.

I like what I see. Details are everything!
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 12-07-2011 at 04:09 AM.

Wow that a lot of stereo. My Dad has owned a custom stereo shop for over 30 years now and we have built some really high end stuff for people. I have done usac and iasca competions since I was 16 and was sponsored by fosgate back in 98. Good times, Good luck on everything and keep us posted

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

That is some belt and work under the hood.. I remember Alma Gates Ford Bronco with about 13 Alt's, The H2 I last did had 3 from Ohio Gen, Gotta see the end install...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by