GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 Last Post byLast Post by

Looks good. Take care of that grille and bumper and you'll be set.

Here's a pic of my front end.

im guessing the rear bowtie and the side moldings are all held on by adhesive?
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

I would get painted door handles and tailgate handle for a cleaner look. I would paint your grille, and add a billet grille (like Blackout07).

Id keep the side mouldings and bowtie though, its too plain without those!
    Last edited by 747; 12-09-2011 at 02:17 AM.
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    im guessing the rear bowtie and the side moldings are all held on by adhesive?
    Yes the molding and bowtie are held on by adhesive, to take them off you can a blow dryer to warm up the adhesive then take fishing line to get inbetween the molding and the body. Your fingers will hate you but slowly you can get them off. When they are off you'll have adhesive on the truck so something like goo gone or buying a 3M adhesive removing wheel can take off the adhesive. You'll also have a ghost residue left over and a good clay bar or compound and polish will take care of it.

Here is a few of videos:

and one for the side molding

2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

yea i got a good heat gun i just was making sure they wouldnt leave holes. i cant really decide the molding might come off. im looking into getting the black 2012 grille. i might be getting another car of mine repainted so i might end up getting this truck completly painted a nice deep black. just need to see how much im wanting to spend.next thing to go on is HD mirrors and some long overdue window tint

I just got the black and silver decals. can anyone help me out on the proper way to put them on,thanks.

Best way is to use water with a little dish soap mixed in a spray bottle, spray the side of the truck, peel off the decal backing and spray it too. Now when you apply the decal you can slide it around to get it positioned properly. Once you have it where you want it take a small plastic or rubber squeegee and work all the water out from under the decal. I've done this myself so I know it works really well.
    Adam

I ended up getting the tow mirrors. Has anyone seen anywhere to get the new z71 appearance package front grill? And will it fit on the 09. I was hoping lmc would have it because I gotta get stuff for the other truck.

Yeah excatly what i did. It's really easy i have a kit for decals with the spray along with razor and squeegee. The main thing is don't spray too much on the area you apply it too then will be too much liquid to squeegee out. Same goes with the back side of the sticker. I just installed the black and silver z71 stickers on my truck last week since the stock one's i don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Best way is to use water with a little dish soap mixed in a spray bottle, spray the side of the truck, peel off the decal backing and spray it too. Now when you apply the decal you can slide it around to get it positioned properly. Once you have it where you want it take a small plastic or rubber squeegee and work all the water out from under the decal. I've done this myself so I know it works really well.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure they make a z71 apperance package for the 07-12 since they are basically the same thing just the newer ones have the air dams and others don't other than that yeah they should have one. Idk what all comes with it since my truck is a Z71 package from dealership i'm guessing your's is 2wd?

I ended up getting the tow mirrors. Has anyone seen anywhere to get the new z71 appearance package front grill? And will it fit on the 09. I was hoping lmc would have it because I gotta get stuff for the other truck.

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Have you checked out GMpartsdirect.com? I have ordered a few things from them and they have fast shipping.

________2013 4C Rated__________