GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2004 Yukon Denali XL - General Question

I looking at a used 2004 Yukon XL Denali with 44K miles (privately owned). I heard these trucks have alot of tranny problems. Is this true?
    Any feedback would be appreciated. What else should I look out for?

THank you

Is it a 1500 or 2500 Yukon??
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Is it a 1500 or 2500 Yukon??
    It is a 1500

You have a 4L60E. If you take care of them and drive them normal, then there not bad. Run them hard and they won't last. With that said I use my truck off-road all the time, have over 90,000 miles and lifted with 35" tires and have had no trans. issues. I do run Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid and change it every 25,000 miles. You said the truck has only 44,000 miles on it. Unless the owner ran it hard it should be o.k., I would service the trans. if you buy the truck.

If maintained these trannys will last long time. If you tow make sure it has an auxillary cooler. I currently have 182,000 miles with no problems on my 97 which has the same transmision.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

X2....keep up with the maintenance and it should last a long time.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Thank you guys!!!

Jr. Apprentice

225000 on my yukon XL... no worries on 44k!
    Only1Stegall

2001 Yukon XL
    2004 Sierra 1500HD
    2008 Malibu SS
    1977 Nova SS

The owner of the rear end shop I go to told me that he sees alot of problems with the front diffs in those. At 44k I don't think that there would be an issue yet. My cousin has one and he gets about 2 miles less a gallon then I do in my yukon xl. We think that it is the fact that it has the 6 liter and that I can put my yukon xl in 2wd and his is always in AWD. (can't turn it off)

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)