GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HID help?

You might have blown your bulbs.
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

Well I figured out my problem...I just wired the harness wrong and it helped a lot...but they flash when they turn on and sometimes does it flashes a couple more times while they are warming up...is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by GMCZ71 View Post
    Well I figured out my problem...I just wired the harness wrong and it helped a lot...but they flash when they turn on and sometimes does it flashes a couple more times while they are warming up...is this normal?
    I have never seen what your describing. When I start my truck the HIDs seem to come right on with no flashing....there is a warm up time for HIDs between 1-2 minutes generally so I wouldnt worry about what your seeing.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I don't quite know what your describing either. When I got my HID's I had to re-wire them because of the crappy wiring they did with them, but mine never flashed. It should start out dim and eventually get brighter in a minute or so.
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

The flashing occurs when I first turn them on and when I swithch from low beam to high beam and vice verser...would better ballasts change anything cause I'm woundering now if the kit I got is a cheap kit...the brand is race sport and it cost $200 to have both high and low beam installed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12