GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sr. Engineer

Going to think JESUS for what i have... watch others open presents... eat sleep ...eat some more .

Quote Originally Posted by jnbama View Post
    If I'm ever up that way again Burger Bar Roy, UT
    Nuff said. Used to be a secret for locals. Did you have the glorious elk meat? That is the best and the onion rings are hand dipped.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dipstick View Post
    Going to think JESUS for what i have... watch others open presents... eat sleep ...eat some more .
    Good idea. Although I thank the good Lord each day for what I am allowed to enjoy.
    Not a perfect time but I understand things could be worse for me personally. But all I have to do is look around at those in less fortunate situations and it is clear I am dang lucky to have what I have. Would I like more? Yes! But I will accept what I have for now.
    Personally I don't need a retail holiday to thank God for my life.
    May all have a more prosperous year in 2012.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Legend
    Blog Entries

I think I just had the best Christmas ever! The original estimate was 550 people, we scrambled for more tables and chairs. Estimate now is over 700 - Christmas For Others brings volunteers and needy families together through our church. Our youth department coordinates assigning needy kids to volunteers who go out and meet the kids and their families. Then, based on the information received from the visits, we buy them presents and bring them to a Christmas party at our church. We feed them lunch, have some Christmas music, there are skits, and a quick visit from Santa.

When you see teenagers loving on these children and the impact it has on both parties, you have to be optimisti. Regardless of the problem, a united community in Christ can change lives. Want change? Get off your tail and make change. No government has ever been able to solve social problems. They only perpetuate them. Merry Christmas GMTC!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

heading to the parents on the 17th. 1300 miles one way... christmas there on the 23 (also my birthday) 24th to the wifes family, then the 25th for christmas at my grandparents....

from there i dunno, gota fit in friends along with all that. so much driving. ol truck is gonna get a work out for sure.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Sounds like a great trip! 1300 miles you gotta be going west...
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.

back to minnesota....

map quest says 1286 the way im planning on going.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Have a safe trip! Get yourself a GPS navigator if possible. Big help on a long trip. Godspeed!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    back to minnesota....

map quest says 1286 the way im planning on going.

Alex
    1286 miles, averaging 90 mph that's gonna be ... A long time anyway you slice it.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

yes i have a gps....

i know itll be along drive, but flying was out due to cost of round trip for 2 people....

plus i dont mind driving to much....

wifey and i will be switching off and i plan on leaving around 1 am or so (can sign out at 12:01 am on the 17th for leave) and driving the first bunch... should be interesting to say the least. gonna be a good check of the mileage the truck gets.

Alex

Legend
    Blog Entries

First Christmas without my family and friends (since I moved 5100 KM away from Ontario to British Columbia) Some of the officers and people I met are alone too, so we have decided to do an Orphan Christmas; we will get together and eat and drink- making fresh Moose Roast, Duck, Stuffin', potatoes, roast veggies, and pie and booze... Going to be sad without my sister and mom, but I'll be going back to Ontario in February for two weeks..

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast