GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by
Results 1 to 10 of 48
  1. #1

    Default Holiday Plans 2011 Thread ~ What are you doing???

    Happy Holidays from GMTC!Just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone a happy and festive holiday season for 2011!

    We've got a bunch of stuff planned between now and Christmas in our house. We'll have a "North Pole Express" train ride, where the kids get hot chocolate and the dude in the red suit comes through and the kids say what they want for Christmas. We're gonna do the Bass Pro Shops Christmas village and maybe find one or two more like that.

    We just did the Dallas Children's Hospital/Adolphus parade last Saturday. Gonna go visit my wife's grandfather up in Sherman, TX as well maybe over the weekend. I'm sure we'll have some fires in the fireplace, do some shopping, drive around looking at lights, just having a good time enjoying the cold weather after the crazy hot summer we had.

    We'll be attending a Christmas Eve service, then open a couple of gifts each for the kids before bed on the 24th. Then we'll have some family over on Christmas day, trying to keep the kids out of the gifts until we open them later and have a great time together and a huge roll-me-to-the-couch-please meal.

    Then, if I know my wife, she'll be heading out on the 26th to get some deals out and about and exchanging gifts for the right size, etc.

    New Years Eve? Not sure what we're doing. Probably going to hang out with some family friends, maybe let all of the kids collapse together on the hide-a-bed couch and ring in the new year with a glass of champagne and a kiss at midnight.

    That's about it. Nothing to crazy or fancy, but trying to enjoy these days while the kids are young and build some good memories with them.

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Caddiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Posts
    2,045
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Working through the Holidays. We will be down for Christmas kinda. We do Christmas for others and adopt needy children in my church. I am not rich. But if I can spare it, some kid will get a present he otherwise might not get. My 2012 vacation kicks in on January 1 2012 so I am heading to Big Sky Montana! A buddy has a time share and all I need is a plane ticket and a lift ticket! This year I am thinking about shaving my head and growing my beard back! LOL
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

    ​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

  3. #3

    Default

    I'm thinking that we need to have a beard-growing contest in January too. Just keep that in mind.

  4. #4

    Default

    Merry Christmas to everyone!!
    :cool:

    2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    Working through the Holidays. We will be down for Christmas kinda. We do Christmas for others and adopt needy children in my church. I am not rich. But if I can spare it, some kid will get a present he otherwise might not get. My 2012 vacation kicks in on January 1 2012 so I am heading to Big Sky Montana! A buddy has a time share and all I need is a plane ticket and a lift ticket! This year I am thinking about shaving my head and growing my beard back! LOL
    Well if you have to go through Salt Lake City and have to wait a few hours, let me know and I will buy you lunch. I live about 20 minutes from the airport
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

    "If He asks you to go a mile go two"

  6. #6
    Legend
    Caddiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    Posts
    2,045
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Well if you have to go through Salt Lake City and have to wait a few hours, let me know and I will buy you lunch. I live about 20 minutes from the airport
    Thanks Coach! I have a direct flight from Atlanta to Boseman. But once in the air, there are no guarantees on where you come down....LOL

    There is member on this site about 45 minutes out of Salt Lake City if I remember correctly. Mid thirties I am guessing, red head, a little on the liberal side but not into politics. She has not been active since early this year. Likes to take her horses and go backcountry camping. May be she will pop back up around the holidays.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    Thanks Coach! I have a direct flight from Atlanta to Boseman. But once in the air, there are no guarantees on where you come down....LOL

    There is member on this site about 45 minutes out of Salt Lake City if I remember correctly. Mid thirties I am guessing, red head, a little on the liberal side but not into politics. She has not been active since early this year. Likes to take her horses and go backcountry camping. May be she will pop back up around the holidays.
    Yeah at my age I certainly believe that. I also believe in Santa, the Easter bunny and Washington, DC is full of honest hard working politicians.
    Yup, a mid thirties redheaded woman? In my dreams!

    ---------- Post added at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Merry Christmas to everyone!!
    BAH HUMBUG! Xmas is just another paid holiday for those folks wasting my tax dollars

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm thinking that we need to have a beard-growing contest in January too. Just keep that in mind.
    just started my winter whiskers last week and the grey has taken over like moss on a stone

    2012 Silverado

  9. #9

    Default

    My beard has been in place since 1985 and just recently started being infiltrated by the grays.
    Have some of that color for men that they sent me @ no charge but still hesitant to use it. Plucking the grays worked for awhile but now I understand why women pay to have their brows done, not sure about their beards and staches.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Well if you have to go through Salt Lake City and have to wait a few hours, let me know and I will buy you lunch. I live about 20 minutes from the airport
    If I'm ever up that way again Burger Bar Roy, UT

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Similar Threads

  1. Plans for Summer 2011??? camping, fishing, hunting etc??
    By murdog94 in forum Sports & Outdoors
    Replies: 9
    Last: 05-09-2011, 11:46 PM
  2. 2011 New Years Resolutions Thread
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last: 01-11-2011, 04:25 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last: 07-03-2010, 06:51 AM
  4. 2009 Holiday Plans? Travels?
    By ChevyFan in forum Sports & Outdoors
    Replies: 2
    Last: 12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
  5. Holiday plans?
    By ChevyFan in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last: 12-22-2008, 12:07 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •