GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default What is the best gift you received for Christmas?

Just curious of what folks remember as their best gift ever.
    Me? That is easy. My wife(of the time) informed me that the rabbit passed away.
    After three years of trying to kill that dern rabbit, we finally had success.
    Result you ask? Well...... My daughter is now 25 years old and as beautiful as ever. Stubborn but beautiful.
    Yes. I am wrapped around her finger but what's a father to do.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

so far just receiving emails from family on Christmas while i was in iraq, the phones were being used so much that i never got a chance to call home, and even though we werent suppose to go out side of the wire since i was QRF we ended up having to, but the emails in general made up for a crappy day
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Well let us hope this years Christmas will give you all the joy you deserve.
    Again Sarge, thanks for your part in allowing us to enjoy life.
    Now the joy I spoke of isn't that lady on tv. Lol

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Just curious of what folks remember as their best gift ever.
    Me? That is easy. My wife(of the time) informed me that the rabbit passed away.
    After three years of trying to kill that dern rabbit, we finally had success.
    Result you ask? Well...... My daughter is now 25 years old and as beautiful as ever. Stubborn but beautiful.
    Yes. I am wrapped around her finger but what's a father to do.
    X2 Coach! Christmas is all about children and faith. My daughter is the center of my world. My faith is the only thing that makes me think I am worthy to be her father. As for stubborn, so is mine. She gets it from her dad. I bet the same is true for you .... LOL

Regardless, Merry Christmas from one mule-headed dad to another!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

At the age of 9 I received an Ithaca 410ga shotgun (with junior stock). That's the most empowering gift you can give a boy who is responsible enough for it, as it is the power of life and death and comes complete with all the trust and responsibility such an instrument demands. My mindset was changed from that of a child to that of a young adult in that instant ... as the firearm (and thus the awesome power, trust, and responsibility) was mine and mine alone to command.

Today's world has changed in the urban and suburban sectors such that such a gift to a youth is just not possible. Now rural America is a different story, as young men still need tools that they can use to deal with varmints and the like.

Out ran a sleet and snow storm to be at home with my parents for Christmas after a month on the road. Hour later when my sister and family made it safe from Iowa before the highways iced up, best gift ever. As a kid was Hot Wheels and a Chopper bike

Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    X2 Coach! Christmas is all about children and faith. My daughter is the center of my world. My faith is the only thing that makes me think I am worthy to be her father. As for stubborn, so is mine. She gets it from her dad. I bet the same is true for you .... LOL

Regardless, Merry Christmas from one mule-headed dad to another!
    Yup. My daughter was the only one who could push my buttons. She definitely is equipped with some of her dads genes.
    She sells law enforcement equipment and uniforms. Her customer service and preparations are spot on from dad, thankfully she didn't get her dads looks.
    Her passion for doing a job well done is a carbon copy of dad. Her humanitarian ways blow dad out of the water.
    She is my life, no matter what!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Blog Entries

In 2006, the company I worked for had a little Christmas party at the office. The boss passed out envelopes to everybody and asked us not to open them until we left. I waited until I got home, and opened it up to find quite a bit of cash. That money is still in my savings account untouched. Meant a lot for me since I was the low guy on the totem pull at the time.

Other than that, waking up every day is enough of a gift for me. Remembering that is my Christmas day gift every year.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Fourty three years ago it was seeing the sun come up after spending a long time hunkered down in a bunker with my head between my legs kissing my ass good bye. Now it is being able to celebrate the holidays with the family in the manner of their true meaning in a sober fashion because of the gifts Alcoholic's Anonymous has given me.

Sounds like a good thing, Goldie . Many did not make it back for the holidays.
    Good to see you were one of the lucky guys who made it back.
    I did not need AA. Killing my friend while drunk was enough to kick the habit.
    While I usually spend holidays alone I find myself believing it could be worse.
    My hope is that everyone can have an enjoyable Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by