GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio upgrade

a friend of mine just gave me one of those. did you put it in your dash? i cannot find an install panel that does not have the slot in it

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Red Z71 Max View Post
    If you are looking for a new stereo, I must say I just bought one of these and it is the BOMB for an iPod!!!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158DSX3...Media_ReceiverAttachment 32556Attachment 32557

a friend of mine just gave me one of those. did you put it in your dash? i cannot find an install panel that does not have the slot in it

check http://www.jcwhitney.com/ they should have it
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

I have personally had a pair of Alpine type R 12s and pushing them was a 1000w Xplode amp. As long as your box is deep enough and has enough air space then you will be more than happy with the results keeping your current amp. I was very sad when I had to sell mine. I bought my crew cab and there is not enough room for the 12in type R's. I am missing the massive bass I once had.
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab
    8in ProComp Suspension Lift, 4in Shackle Flip Kit, 3in Performance Products Body Lift, 17x9 Moto Metal wheels, 35x12.50x17 ProComp Xterrains, K&N cold air intake kit, Custom 3in exhaust, GoRhrino Black spring loaded steps, Truxedo Bed Cover, "SS" style Instrument Cluster with blue pointers and Trans Temp Gauge, JVC indash touchscreen DVD player, 2 MTX 10in subwoofers, Sony Xplode 1000watt amp, Radio Shack CB with dual black whips, Optima yellow top battery

Sr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by eightbol21 View Post

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

If you are talking about the Sony radio, its a complete head unit that plays your ipod/iphone instead of a CD. They are media recievers or "mech-less" radios cause the do not play CD's.

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

(Coming up - Fuel Injected 383 Stroker - Divorced NP205 - D60 - 40" tires)

Legend

Like your engine it needs air to correctly perform, if your box isnt the correct volume then it just wont give you the right frequency of bass. you can also add fam baffling to helptoo. take care of the cheap things before you go and buy another amp. Is your wire setup correct for your wattage? is your amp set correctly? What style of box do you have a sealed box performs completely different to a ported one, they also have combo sealed and ported boxes too. are your subs firing into the bottom of the seat or into the floor of the truck. there are so many things to consider instead of just buying a new amp and pissing away $$$ of dollars.
    99 K1500 Suburban LT "THE BEAST"
    Hypertech III, K&N, true dual
    285/75/16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12