GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Answer my question

alright, so i looked a a 1999 silverado z71, but i thought 1999 was the first year for the rounded headlights body style, this one was the flat headlights and box bodystyle, like a 98, it also had 230,000 miles, but it was one owner and the interior looks great, its from a dealer, do you think its worth it? how far do you think it will go? and what do you think about the body style thing?

Sr. Engineer

Thinking 01 was the body style you thought. How much are they asking... Have it checked by a third party/garage .
    Has injection system been upgraded to mpfi/ Came with cpfi.. Chevys are great trucks but to buy one with 230k would have to see good service record.

Legend
    Blog Entries

No unusual to get 250k to 350k out of the engine but if you drive a lot then your looking at a crate engine in 12 to 18 mos.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

In 1999 you had your pick of the old body style and the new one. They called the old body the Silverado Classic.

97 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 5.7L
    78 GMC High Sierra K1500
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go thru life.

My number one question is what are they asking? The mileage seems a little high to me. But, if it was taken care of you should be able to get more out of it.

Welcome to the club, Austin. '99 was a crossover year, the early '99's were classic body style and the later were the nbs. If it was taken care off it should go over 300,000 miles. As aloxdaddy99 said, what is he asking for it?
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Welcome to the club, Austin. '99 was a crossover year, the early '99's were classic body style and the later were the nbs.
    Some even later than that are the older body sytle. I have a 2000 still with the old body style.

What are they asking for it? Did you go to KKB.com and see what the bluebook value is for that vehicle with that many miles? The dealers here mark their stuff up to a crazy price, figuring that you will finance with them. For example, Lets say I have my truck for sale at $7400, the dealer in my area has the exact same truck, with more miles for $9,999.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

sorry for the late reply guys, the truck has been taken care of it drives great, no problems, the carfax is good, it has never been wrecked and it has been one owner, they said the guy who owned it drove out to texas a lot for work, i live in sc, but highway miles arent bad, they are asking 5900 but my dad talked to him and he will take 5200 with tax, tags, etc. i think my mom may have already bought it while i was staying with my dad, its my Christmas prestent lol, my mom told me she was done Christmas shopping for me yesterday so that may be a hint, i cant wait to find out lol

Blog Entries

Don't be surprised if she got you a pair of socks. Maybe even a three pack!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."