GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default A new truck to play with

Been looking for a new truck for a while but just couldnt find something I liked, especially when it got to the price.
    I talked to the local Chevy Dealer last week and they quoted a price on a new truck I that caught my attention.
    soa after talking to them on-line for about an hour Thursday night I went in Friday morning to let them put up or shut up, they came through a little better than the original quote.
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 Crew Cab
    All Star Edition, includes Fog lamps, Trailer Package, 18" aluminium wheels, steering wheel radio controls, cruise control, power/heated mirrors, r/r window defroster, 6 way pwr drivers seat, pwr locks, pwr windows, remote entry, alarm, AM/FM/CD, 5.3 ltr eng with active fuel management, 6 spd auto trans.
    And the Work truck package which includes bed liner, r/r wheel house liners, bed caps, stainless bed tie downs, heavy duty rubber floor mats.
    Original list $36,327.
    The dealer gave $5005 off the sticker price for military appreciation (retired military eligible too), $2000 cash back for GM/Dealer loyalty (we bought an HHR from them 3 years ago), and $2000 cash back for dealership close out incentive, then they financed the remaining balance at 0% interest for 60 mos. I drove out with less than $500 a month payments and kept the down payment I'd planned on using in my bank account.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new truck 005.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	32563

Name:	new truck 006.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	32564

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Been looking for a new truck for a while but just couldnt find something I liked, especially when it got to the price.
    I talked to the local Chevy Dealer last week and they quoted a price on a new truck I that caught my attention.
    soa after talking to them on-line for about an hour Thursday night I went in Friday morning to let them put up or shut up, they came through a little better than the original quote.
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500 Crew Cab
    All Star Edition, includes Fog lamps, Trailer Package, 18" aluminium wheels, steering wheel radio controls, cruise control, power/heated mirrors, r/r window defroster, 6 way pwr drivers seat, pwr locks, pwr windows, remote entry, alarm, AM/FM/CD, 5.3 ltr eng with active fuel management, 6 spd auto trans.
    And the Work truck package which includes bed liner, r/r wheel house liners, bed caps, stainless bed tie downs, heavy duty rubber floor mats.
    Original list $36,327.
    The dealer gave $5005 off the sticker price for military appreciation (retired military eligible too), $2000 cash back for GM/Dealer loyalty (we bought an HHR from them 3 years ago), and $2000 cash back for dealership close out incentive, then they financed the remaining balance at 0% interest for 60 mos. I drove out with less than $500 a month payments and kept the down payment I'd planned on using in my bank account.

Name:	new truck 005.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	32563

Name:	new truck 006.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	32564

Tim......Congrats on the New Silverado and Getting a Awesome Deal on Top of that!!!.............Its Sharp Looking Ride, What plans do you have for it??

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Congrats Tim, good looking truck and a good deal
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yeah that is a great price, that is pretty close to what we get for employee pricing maybe even a little better lol!

Blog Entries

Great price for a sharp truck. Very jealous!
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Tim......Congrats on the New Silverado and Getting a Awesome Deal on Top of that!!!.............Its Sharp Looking Ride, What plans do you have for it??
    Thanks all.
    Nothing fancy at this time, a billet grill insert, under seat storage for the rear seat, drop the back to level it out, something louder for the exhaust, and chrome door handles. I'm gonna keep it simple since it'll be my daily driver.

Nice truck! I also prefer to keep my truck simple, Im actually going to do the same exact mods as you are.
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

Congrats on the new truck.

Good looking truck Tim. Is it 2wd or 4x4?
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Nice rig. Let us know what you do for the exhaust and under seat storage.

2011 1500 Silverado LT, 4x4/Z71
    K&N, Chrome Nerfs, Run Lucas Oil fuel treatment,
    DB-CORSA cat-back system (received). :great:

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by