GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default I'm an American Soldier, vet of the Iraq war and this is my first GMC truck!

Hello all,

I'm a SSG in the NYARNG, I spent 2003 and all of 2004 in Iraq. Not all did two year deployments back to back but some of us are lucky I guess. I live up in the land of snow, good beer some of the best food and awesome hockey Buffalo, NY. We do have a great shooting community up here as I shoot competitively in the Army and all service meets. I'm a regionally ranked shooter and won the NYS TAG combat arms match this year. I've been power lifting and bodybuilding for a good part of my life and enjoy throwing steel around in the gym and in the garage. I've got a few MOS's in the military MP, mechanic and engineer. I like turning wrenches on classic auto's as it calms me and ticks me off all at the same time. Love to hunt and camp with my family. I just bought a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE extended cab, Z71 5.3L, 6 speed auto with the max tow/haul package. I was a tech at a Ford dealer years ago, I know there are Always TSB's. Any info or links you guys got to tech info is greatly appreciated.
    I am a American solder, I am a member of the finest fight force on earth, I am the bump in the night. I will defend the United states of American Against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Repent now all those who would do my nation and it's people harm; For when we come it will be too late.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, Z71 with 5.3 l and max tow/haul package

Blog Entries

Welcome, and thank you for everything you have done in our armed services. Not much can show my appreciation for those of you who serve on these forums, but know that you're always in my prayers.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

First, thank you for your service to our country and to my freedom.

Welcome to the forum... I'm relatively new here, but not to GM. Not too mechanical, but am learning
    06 Chevy Silverado V6 4.3 Reg Cab
    71 Chevy Nova SS 350 SB

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club from a former Western New Yorker. Thank you for your service to this wonderful country!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flag.gif 
Views:	12 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	32276 GO SABRES!!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Welcome to the club. Good Hockey maybe. I am not a hockey fan. Just please don't say good football. The Bills are just as bad as my Cleveland Browns. HAHA.
    Thanks for your service.

Welcome!, I am currently stationed at Drum not too far from you, just spent my R&R in Niagara Falls, Buffalo and its surrounding areas are nice. Plan on spending some more time that way once I am home for good... and nice truck!!

...Go Steelers!
    War Eagle!...
    and Go Braves! <---all my teams...

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

Welcome from another NCO. I was a Ranger attached to the 101st in 01-02 Afgannyland and 03-04 Iraq. Now I am a MTR SGT stuck in korea

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Welcome to the club and thanks for your service!!!
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Welcome to the site, any plans for the truck?

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard and thank you for serving! I use to be stationed at Griffiss AFB in Rome New York which has since closed. We had some guys from Ft Drum Stationed with us in addition to some Canucks. Good people and if you did not like the weather, just wait a little while. Glad you joined GMTC!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by