GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: fldude

Default fldude

I own a 2006 chevy Suburban, 327 motor. We have purchased a small toy hauler with a total weight of 4000 # loaded. Looking for tips on tire selection and other towing tips that this forum can provide.

I have been building drivshafts for over thirty years incase someone has a problem with a driveshaft.

Welcome to the club. Is your 'Burb 2wd or 4x4 and does it have the factory trailer towing package?

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

Is it a 1500 or 2500??
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Default 2006Suburban

My suburban is 2wd and I bought it used so I thinkd it has a Towing package, at least it has a hitch and plug

Quote Originally Posted by fldude View Post
    My suburban is 2wd and I bought it used so I thinkd it has a Towing package, at least it has a hitch and plug

Welcome to the Site.....To know for sure if your 06" came with the Factory Tow Package, and that is by going to the Inside of your Glove Box and you'll see a White Sticker, which is your.....Service Parts ID Tag.....and on it you will see your Trucks Vin Number # and Series of Letters and Numbers those are RPO Codes stands for.....Regular Production Options.....In short what your 06" Suburban came with from the Factory.

The RPO Code for the Factory Tow Package is.......Z82: TRAILERING EQUIPMENT and it comes with the Following items.......Heavy-duty, includes trailering hitch platform and 2.5-inch receiver with 2" adapter, 7-wire harness (harness includes wires for: park lamps, backup lamps, right turn, left turn, electric brake lead, battery and ground) with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector, wiring harness for after-market trailer brake controller (located in the instrument panel harness), (JL1) integrated trailer brake controller,Transmission Cooler and single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 12-12-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Added Infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Default Welcome

Welcome to the GMTC!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to GMTC!
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com