GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

He was probably talkng about the tips. If you get chrome tips they tend to rust some what quickly. That is why people tend to get stainless steel tips because they don't rust that fast.
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

Well I went to a local muffler shop and got a price of $280 for everything including parts, labor, etc so I think I'm gonna pull the trigger since thats a price I can live with. Getting a single-in dual-out flowmaster super 44 with 3.5" tips running straight out the back. Probably getting it done Friday the 23rd, so I'll put some pics up then and I will definitely be making a before and after exhaust video. Thanks for the help guys!
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Sounds like a good plan, and I vote yes for a video. It will be a nice early Christmas present
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Living in Ohio I would strongly recommend a stainless kit. The salt will eat at the system and rot out. The other thing I would ask is how are they going to bend the pipe. Are they going to use a mandrel? If not than the bends will have crinkles in it. This will reduce the flow some. A mandrel bend will be smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    Living in Ohio I would strongly recommend a stainless kit. The salt will eat at the system and rot out. The other thing I would ask is how are they going to bend the pipe. Are they going to use a mandrel? If not than the bends will have crinkles in it. This will reduce the flow some. A mandrel bend will be smooth.
    Is stainless alot more expensive? And also, I have absolutely no idea how they plan on bending the pipes. If I think of it I will ask when I go in there to make the actually appointment tomorrow or the day after
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Stainless is more expensive. But it will last much longer than anything else.

Thumbs up The Rumble in the Jungle.

I finally pulled the trigger. After much research and debate I ordered a "DB Exhaust System", made by CORSA. A rather new subsidiary of CORSA for trucks and Jeep applications. Best part=== NO DRONE, like all CORSA systems. I should receive around the 24th. I'll post pics then. Here is their website and the part# I ordered for $485.00.

Part# 24905

Pic of the tip
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DB Exhaust tip.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	33553

2011 1500 Silverado LT, 4x4/Z71
    K&N, Chrome Nerfs, Run Lucas Oil fuel treatment,
    DB-CORSA cat-back system (received). :great:

Quote Originally Posted by audible View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger. After much research and debate I ordered a "DB Exhaust System", made by CORSA. A rather new subsidiary of CORSA for trucks and Jeep applications. Best part=== NO DRONE, like all CORSA systems. I should receive around the 24th. I'll post pics then. Here is their website and the part# I ordered for $485.00.

Part# 24905
    Can you shed some light on why you chose to go this route as opposed to Magnaflow (which you had been considering)? I'd like to benefit from your research in the off-chance that I elect to change my exhaust system. (I bought the truck used and the Flowmaster was already on it...)

Blog Entries

$280 is not abad price at all for a full system. I paid $400 for mine from the cat back. I wouldn't waste your money on high flow cats either in the future. Unless of course you go all out and get headers too, which I still wouldn't waste money on.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Cool Why I chose CORSA (DB Exhaust)

Hey Surrealone,
    Here is the story:

I was considering Magnaflow mainly due to cost, but it came down to the fact that I have been down the road of "save a buck now...spend twice as much in the long run trying to correct your error". Plus I found many reviews on the internet saying the drone on our Silverados was not good from many Magnaflow buyers. Did not find any bad reviews for CORSA on our Silverados.

Real reason I went with CORSA is experience. About 7 years ago my father-in-law and I bought a pair of used 1996 Corvettes. Mine had stock exhaust (way too quiet) and his had a make-shift "custom system" in which the drone was bad. So, he having more funds, and time, shopped around. He was told that Borla was top dog and that was the only way to go for sound and performance. Well, 1 week after having it on he basically parked the car as the drone would literally give you a headache after a few minutes of driving. I came to his house to drive it, thinking he was just old...I could not stand the drone either. So, we drove down to Hubuard Chevy in Upland CA...A serious Vette dealer at the time. The service manager said to look to CORSA as they were the authorized Vette exhaust manf and built the exhaust for the high end Vettes OEM. He said many of his customers have installed the CORSA and love it. So, dad-in-law being a bit gun shy, (could not blame him)...I went ahead and ordered my system for $1,100.00. One week later and 2 hours installing=====AWESOME sound and no drone. Quiet rumble around town...stand on it==nice and nasty!!! Dad-in-law came down and drove mine...came back called CORSA and ordered that day for his. The Borla crap was sold for 50% of the $1,600 he paid to a younger man who wanted LOUD...he got it.

So, I'm hoping for the same wonderful outcome here on my truck. Hope this helps.

Randy
    Last edited by audible; 01-12-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling error

2011 1500 Silverado LT, 4x4/Z71
    K&N, Chrome Nerfs, Run Lucas Oil fuel treatment,
    DB-CORSA cat-back system (received). :great:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast