GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Trade or not to trade.

Hears the deal guys I have a 94 gmc 4x4 heavy half extended cab with a 5.7engine my budy has a 94 Chevy 3500 fleet side 4x4 crew cab with a 7.4L engine and with a 6in lift he wants to trade straight across what's your guys opinions should I do it or not he only wants to trade because he doesn't need the bigger truck.

You are going to burn a lot more fuel with the big block. What size tires are on the lifted truck? Gear ratio? What kind of lift is it?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

It has 35s that are pretty much brand new and ya the fuel will be a concern but it's not going to be a daily driver it's a truck for camping and just things like that I think the lift is a pro comp it has traction bars and all the works. The truck was owned by a older guy that spent top dollar taking care of the truck.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

It also has the 4:10 rear ends in it which works out to a 3:50 with the tire size difference.

Trade!!!!!!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

How many miles on each? Looks like you would be getting the better part of the trade here. Even if you decide to sell it, chances are you would get more money for his!

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Yeah mine has 250000 but I just rebuilt the engine and transmission his has 205000 all original he recently changed the timing chain.