GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What speakers do I have?

Most of you are probably coming into this thread thinking, "Why not look it up with Crutchfield or something similar?", and the answer is a breach in trust. I used them to look up my wife's speakers in her 05 Ram. Said 6.5" in all 4 doors. So, thats what I ordered. I took the doors apart, and the rear required 6" and the front was 6x9s in the doors. Soooo, that said, I thought I would ask in here. I know the rear ceiling has 4x10s, those are easy to tell. Popping the cover off took 3sec at most, so Ive identified them. But what is in the front/rear doors. I dont have barn doors, so Im guessing thats why the 4x10s are in the ceiling in the cargo area.

Guess I should mention 96 1500 is what I am asking about. Any help would be appreciated. Last time I took the doors off was in 2007 to replace a door handle, and I honestly dont remember the speaker size. Guessing 6"?
    1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    350 Vortec
    700R4 Trans
    149k mi and cruisin strong!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I checked the shop manual on my 98 and it does not give the size. I used Crutchfield for my truck but all it takes is one bad experience to loose a customer.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Pretty sure you it's 6 1/2's up front and 6 3/4's in the rear doors.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

thanks for the input guys. im probably going to have to take the doors apart to find out for sure. one site said 4x6s, another said 5-1/4, and now possibly 6-1/2 and 6-3/4. guess these had some options or something. havent found 2 places that match yet.
    1996 GMC Suburban SLT
    350 Vortec
    700R4 Trans
    149k mi and cruisin strong!

4x6" speakers up front are for the early 90's trucks with the weird dash (the one with the radio in two separate places).
    I like you.