GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Recon Roof Lights

Hey all,

Well, I was thinking my truck needs a little something to spice it up a little bit and I was thinking some black roof lights from recon. Anyone have them and had any problems with leaking? Just kind of scares me to drill holes in my roof!

Here's the truck now, with some black recons like these.....what do you think?? Thanks guys!

http://www.gorecon.com/product.php?p...07-12&p_cat=30

i have never heard a complaint aesthetically speaking from these lights... i have them and they are awesome
    i got mine installed by ranch hand for about $180.00 including the lights, no leaks found yet!
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Powertrain:
    4.3L V6, 4L60E, 2WD, Single Cab
    Performance:
    Airaid CAI
    Poweraid TB Spacer
    Flowmaster 10-series exhaust (dumped)
    BLACKBEAR TUNED!!!
    Edge CS insight monitor
    4.10 gears
    Limited-slip differential
    LS-1 Dual Electric fans
    Corvette tranny servo swap

Audio:
    Head Unit: Alpine
    Speakers: Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" component set, 4X6 Infinity Kappas
    Subs: 2-12" Kicker CVT's
    Amps: Alpine-M1000 (subs), Alpine MRX-F65 (Speakers)

Tires/Wheels:
    305/70R16 NITTO Terra Grapplers
    16" PROCOMP 7089's
    Suspension:
    2" leveling kit
    3" Fabtech Spindle Lift Kit
    Front/Rear-Bilstein 5100 shocks

Lighting:
    FRONT
    35W HID Low Beams
    RECON LED smoked roof cab lights
    REAR
    HELLA LED taillights and 3rd brakelight
    HELLA FF-75 Aux. Reverse Lamps
    RIGID dually D2, flush mount, wide beam
    Accessories:
    Hawk HPS Brake pads
    Russell braided steel brake lines
    Powerstop-red powdercoated brake calipers
    Powerslot Cryo brake rotors
    EGR in-channel window visors

I personally say DO IT man! That would look absolutely awesome when your driving at night, would make your truck look even better.

P.S. Kind of off topic, but your truck is the truck of my dream. Before I saw it around the forum, I wanted a laser blue ext cab, lifted, with black&chrome wheels. Not even joking. It's kind of weird! lol AWESOME TRUCK MAN!
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

I've personally known a hand full of folks who have installed these or who have had them installed. Never heard of any of them having a problem. There is at least one user around GMTC who has installed them as well. If I remember correctly, he was happy with the finished product. On a personal level, I think they look sick! Give it a go and post your experience. Maybe even take pictures along the way (if you do it yourself) and post a How-To. That would be awesome!

Well, I ordered them! Can't wait to see what they look like...I'll keep you guys posted!

Also, thank you for the comments on my truck, and the information!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

As long as they are properly installed and sealed, you won’t have problems with leaking. Recon also has L.E.D. Third Brake Lights that would look amazing on your truck.
    One Source for all your Truck & SUV Accessory Needs - customtruckpartsinc.com

Here is the link to my other post...pic's included! Let me know what you guys think!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...ood-on-my-1500

Do it. I'm looking at the exact same lights for mine. Then again, I'm looking at a lot for mine. I'm starting to lean toward some of the less expensive aesthetic things like this while I get the money together for the big stuff.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Get the cab lights and tow mirrors. I'm gunna do the lights myself as soon as I find them for a good price
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod