GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Angry umm since when was there a pond in the truck

this morning i went through my normal routine even tho it was pouring and as i opened my pass door i looked down and saw a full fleaged puddle on the floor mat as well as in the front cup holders. I've been aware that there is a leak in the roof but its deffenatally getting worse and i talked to a fellow late 90's Chevy SUV who had the same problem and it cost him 1600 which i cant spend at this moment.

At the moment i have a plastic bin to collect any more dripping water durring this weather but does any one have a good idea on how to temp fix this or pernimetly fix it with out having to remove my windshield. the leak is caused by rusting where the windshield and roof meet.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend
    Blog Entries

is it above the windshield? or right in the windshield seam?? if it is above it, then you will need to sand it down to bare metal and fill it with bando/apxoxy/fiberglass whatever you prefered material is. then paint over it (rattle can will work in a pinch) but in the winsheild seam the winshield will have to come out, and the same will need to be done, then the windshield replaced.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

You could always try to seal it with silicon (calk) until you are able to afford a proper repair. Don't leave the silicon there for ever as it could cause further damage by trapping moisture in the roof. But for a temp fix for a few months, it will work a treat, and there are colour choices. Fill the hole and wet your finger with water or use a plastic spoon to smooth the silicon. just make sure that you leave enough silicon on the job to seal it.

i had tryed the sealant it didnt work it did slow the leak and its only in on small place now. and it seams fairly close to the seam hard to tell its a very slow leak only happens in heavy rain for extended periods but doesnt happen usally when i wash car or if it just snow or light rain.

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Sr. Engineer

Duct tape i can fix anything with duct tape lol.
    I wonder if that stuff they have been advertising on t,v. would work?

the rubber in a can stuff hmm good idea