GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

very cool man sounds like you had a blast!!!! the pics and videos are awesome. tho i do have to agree with surrealone in that maybe on less tree or something could have saved some money some where along the way.
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Master Mechanic

Very lucky as in im jealous. I was there when I was 13 and got to see it, through gates hahaha. When my father was in High School (in the 50's), he was able to see Eisenhower during their visit. Shows how times have changed right?
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Legend

Blog Entries

What a great opportunity!!! Something that most common folks will never see in their lifetime other than photos. You should deservingly feel proud to be able to experience this. Congrats goes out to you Adam!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Agreed 150%. Do as I say not as I do mentality. Obutthead just confirms he is a jack ass.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

This wasn't really an endorsement or condemnation of the President or his politics, it was just me wanting to share a once in a lifetime experience that my family and I were lucky enough to see. I didn't it want to be a post to bring out the Obama bashers, (personally I don't like what he's doing either, but that wasn't what this post was about), it was to share a part of American heritage and tradition, which I believe is important even in these difficult times.
    Adam

My apologies. Guilty as charged. I let my emotions type away. I think it really was your good fortune to be able to take a tour of an historical nature.
    When I see waste of tax payer money I tend to blow up. Especially when it is so blatant.
    Please accept my apology for exposing just the negative.
    Merry Christmas and enjoy boxing day with some trifle.
    ( My first wife was from Southend on Sea.

No harm done, thanks for the Christmas wishes. Nice of you to recognize Boxing day, and I will be having trifle at Christmas. We had it at Thanksgiving too!

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    No harm done, thanks for the Christmas wishes. Nice of you to recognize Boxing day, and I will be having trifle at Christmas. We had it at Thanksgiving too!
    Ok I am officially jealous. My ex made great trifle and I do miss that.
    She also made great steak and kidney pie. Yup I miss that as well.
    Boxing day? I put on my old boxing gloves and it wasn't that funny to her family but I thought it was good ole fun.
    I hear the Canucks also have boxing day.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    Ok I am officially jealous. My ex made great trifle and I do miss that.
    She also made great steak and kidney pie. Yup I miss that as well.
    Boxing day? I put on my old boxing gloves and it wasn't that funny to her family but I thought it was good ole fun.
    I hear the Canucks also have boxing day.

Canada still has the Queen on their money so yes, they have Boxing Day too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12