GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default My simple suburban

Just a few pics of my Suburban. 1998 C1500 with 181,000 miles. Pretty much stock although there's a ton I'd like to do if I had the cash but the Military just doesn't pay enough All I've really done is got new tires/rims, Volant intake, dual exhaust with glasspacks and taken pretty good care of it. Nothing special but she's paid for, hasn't failed me yet and I love the girl.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0006.jpg   DSC_0009.jpg   DSC_0011.jpg   DSC_0110.jpg   DSC_0112.jpg  

Last edited by USAF-Suburban; 07-02-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Nice truck. Thank you for serving our country!

We don't have any salute or flag smilies - Steve?

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

NICE CLEAN TRUCK- looks like my 1998 except for the two tone-mine is all white.

They are great vehicles-my 216,400 mile(bought 4 years ago 195,000 miles-$2950) gets 20 mpg on pure hy trips(I drive like an oldster-60yo.
    There is an awful lot to be said for "PAID FOR"-
    Besides older trucks have had everything fixed that is going to break.If they had a bad OEM part it has probably broken and been replaced by a better part- like the current intake mainifold gaskets.
    Luck
    Charlie
    PS Not that I would object to having a nice new 2011 Suburban!!
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Legend
    Blog Entries

That is a very clean "burb" definately a nice looking truck!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Nice rig,love that intake,need one for my big block.Wish they made one for my diesel too!

Looks good.
    The military should issue Suburbans to every military family, when I was on active duty we had either a Suburban or a Sixpack truck and during every move across country they were invaluable for getting the family to the next duty station, I guess thrie the replacement for the family station wagon of the 50's, 60's, and 70's.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. Yeah, she's definitely been around the country a time or 2. She has served us well in our many moves. I've owned it since 2000 and nothing major so far. Having some issues now tracking down some issues that are throwing codes but nothing crazy. It will be a sad day when she's no longer around, that's for sure. A couple years ago had a fleeting second where I thought about trading her in for something a little easier on the old gas budget and my kids went ape$hit. So, needless to say, she's still with us.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Thing is that burb will probably be on the road long after they have gone to school, and are forced to drive smart cars... hah.. i wish they could be found up here in MN still that clean.

Nice 'Burb!!
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by hoosyurdaddy View Post
    Nice rig,love that intake,need one for my big block.Wish they made one for my diesel too!
    Thanks, love it as well. Performance/sound/look/price is good. The only negative thing I have about the volant is the design/construction of it. had some issues that I thought were quite easily fixable during design stage that I had to fabricate a solution for. Most evident was the fact the hold down hardware they supplied with it to mount to the throttle body would not work, no chance no how. Had to come up with another option to complete the install. Still, overall a decent choice in CAI.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by