GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default HID Problem, maybe someone can help?

Hello everyone,

I have installed some HID's from DDM Tuning, I have their AC 55W Digital Ballasts & Bulbs. I had originally installed them with their relay harness and all was working just fine on my 1998 Chevrolet C1500 Truck for about a month. A couple days ago i went to turn my headlights on (i previously disabled my Daytime Running Lights a while back) and they flashed on and immediately went out. I took the ballasts and bulbs down to their shop today and he tested them and both the ballasts and bulbs worked, and when I told him I had their relay harness installed and asked if that could be a bad harness, he told me i didnt even need one of the harnesses installed on my truck, so I took it out thinking that the harness was causing my issues.

When I plugged the ballast/bulb back into my truck without the harness using just the harness for the low beam on my truck, they still did not go on, but I know the ballasts and bulbs worked because we tested them at the shop. I got to wondering if it might be bad wiring in my truck caused by some recent off roading ive done, so I unplugged the ballast/bulb and plugged a regular low beam 9006 halogen bulb in and tried to turn them on, it worked! So im not sure why or what is going on, but I know that a halogen bulb works when plugged in but the ballast/HID bulb will not.

Can anyone help me out here? Any ideas why this is happening and wont power the ballast and turn on the bulb?

Thanks,
    Last edited by trucklover; 12-20-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Josh Mader