GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Witch cold air intake to go with?

Im looking to install a CAI on my 98 suburban...witch brand are you using?...Is K&N one of the better choices?...Also what Exhaust,Im leaning toward flomaster...I have that on my mustang and our camaros...Love the sound do they make a kit for the truck?...thanks...
    Last edited by My98Suburban; 12-18-2011 at 04:49 AM.
    1998 Chevy Suburban K1500

Lots of people here run K&N CAI's, but with the number of kits available, it usually comes down to personal preference. I'm running a Volant CAI in my truck, and couldn't be happier. The only real reason I went Volant was because most of the people I knew had K&N, and I had to be onry and get something different! As far as exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series are popular, and they have many options for SUV's and trucks. Good luck with you mods, and keep us up on how things are goin!

2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE Extended Cab Z71 4X4 5.3L Flex Fuel
    MagnaFlow single in duel out system
    Volant CAI & Ram Air Scoop with Power Core Filter
    Rhino Tuff Grip Spray in Bed liner
    Undercover Classic Tonneau
    Trail FX Bug "deflector"
    AVS Window Deflectors
    Black Powder Coated Nerf Bars
    RECON L.E.D. Interior, 3rd Cab light, Projector headlights, and Taillights
    ATX Crawl Wheels wrapped in BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain tires
    CalTrend Neoprene seat covers
    2" leveling kit from Max Trac
    Diablo Trinity with Diablew Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_korthos View Post
    Lots of people here run K&N CAI's, but with the number of kits available, it usually comes down to personal preference. I'm running a Volant CAI in my truck, and couldn't be happier. The only real reason I went Volant was because most of the people I knew had K&N, and I had to be onry and get something different! As far as exhaust, Flowmaster 40 series are popular, and they have many options for SUV's and trucks. Good luck with you mods, and keep us up on how things are goin!

Thanks im going to go with a custom exhaust i use a shop that does all my exhaust i was doing research and I think for what i want it will be easier to get him to do it,,As far an CAI's i guess its better then stock no...lol...I will keep you posted on what i get done..I'll post sound clips too...I love doing that...

I have a K&N on my '96 'Burb since '98 with no problems, but if I bought a CAI for it today I think I would go with a AFE.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    I have a K&N on my '96 'Burb since '98 with no problems, but if I bought a CAI for it today I think I would go with a AFE.
    Thanks for the Advice why AFE?...I had one of there cold air intakes before on another i had i liked it...I Have had K&N's Also..and liked them..lol...

Greets,

K&N cai and 3" cat back duals with flowmaster 44's for the win I run em both on the 99 k2500 and love the sound from both ends :P

Nag.

.....ya clock faster and faster till the desire for speed overcomes the fear of bus.....

Legend
    Blog Entries

I have a GREEN CAI on my 05' Silverado, It is used with my factory intake tube and works in conjunction with my ram air hood. I had a K&N FIPK on my last truck and hated it, metal tube got hot as hell and also caused truck to back fire.

I have the Spectre Speed Series CAI on my truck and I'm really happy with it. I also installed an Airaid Poweraid T-Body spacer which helped a lot on throttle response and fuel mileage.

I put on the K&N and have been happy with it so far.
    I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by My98Suburban View Post
    Im looking to install a CAI on my 98 suburban...witch brand are you using?
    I was looking into a K&N, then it was pointed out to me there was already a CAI installed by the factory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast