GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

After what seems like a lifetime, but in actuality only a month or so, the shed was delivered last Saturday. It's beautiful, completely exceeded my expectations. I wish I had gone bigger, but there's probably no size I would have decided was "big enough". It appears to be quite strong with quality craftsmanship. I have pictures, but they're on the home computer so I'll try to post them up tonight.

Delivery was in and of itself amazing. They have custom-built trailers specifically designed to deliver these sheds. It had rollers the length of the trailer so sheds could slide on and off with the help of a huge winch and a hinged trailer design with a pair of rams to roll it off. They also have a purpose-built mule and casters to pick up the shed by the edges and shunt it around into its final resting place.
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 277K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

As promised, here are a few pictures of the shed.

They have a specialized trailer setup specifically made to load and unload these sheds:

Every 4th stud is doubled-up. This will make it harder to insulate, but it's a lot stronger

Looks empty. LOL. Hey while it is empty to help you keep inside temps liveable put some insulation in thm der walls.
    Low budget? find an appliance store that has appliances protected by that foam stuff and use it. Kinda redneck but cheap and eficient
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Well, I just got the shed... A new wall, insulation, power, drywall, the works will be in there soon, followed by tools and such. For some reason I'm expected to work to get a paycheck which cuts into my time to build the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawdaddy View Post
    Well, I just got the shed... A new wall, insulation, power, drywall, the works will be in there soon, followed by tools and such. For some reason I'm expected to work to get a paycheck which cuts into my time to build the interior.
    Who the heck expects you to work for a paycheck?
    Did you tell them to talk to Prez Obama about that?
    Theres gotta be some Govt. institution you can report them to.

Oh BTW the shop looks good.
    Needs some windows to take advantage of natural lighting though.
    Last edited by tbplus10; 02-01-2012 at 05:21 PM.

you will find that no matter how big of shed you have, youll fill it up. my dad built a 40x60 shed not to long ago. now he wishes he had made a bigger shed.

funny how that works.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Who the heck expects you to work for a paycheck?
    Did you tell them to talk to Prez Obama about that?
    Theres gotta be some Govt. institution you can report them to.

Oh BTW the shop looks good.
    Needs some windows to take advantage of natural lighting though.
    Haha, I'll work for what I earn, it just eats into my play time.

The shed is supposed to come with 2 windows, but I purposely had them omit them. I didn't think windows would be optimal for my intended use. I'll have plenty of artificial light in there once I do the electrical work. I can also open the garage door which lets in plenty of natural light. For the rear storage room I'm looking at somewhere between 2-4 4 foot flourescent fixtures and for the front shop area I'll have 4-6 4 foot flourescent lights. Light shouldn't be an issue...

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    you will find that no matter how big of shed you have, youll fill it up. my dad built a 40x60 shed not to long ago. now he wishes he had made a bigger shed.

funny how that works.

Alex
    Yep. I went into purchasing a shed knowing that it would never be big enough, so I simply went with as big as my pocket could afford. My grandfather recently built a 30x50 that is already quite full of junk.

@Crawdaddy that's a great man cave ... I must have one now too. (drools)

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Man with all that lighting you should install a disco ball

Legend

Blog Entries

This should be made into the ultimate MAN SHED. It definately needs a Beer Fridge!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by