GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by aloxdaddy99 View Post
    I have some of the same issues. I won't run high test in my truck. I am looking into a tune. Running higher test if your truck isn't tuned for it will only wear out your injectors.
    That is incorrect about VVT motors, the point to variable valve timing is you get increased performance with higher octane rated gas. Filling up with 93 will not burn your injectors with VVT. The reason many had this info was, putting 93 in a motor that has no ability to adjust timing and spark was near useless. Most stock motors are set up for economy, this means the timing is set to optimize low grade gas and not knock or ping. Using fuel higher than 93 is not recommended, GM and Toyota VVT motors suggest 93 in the owners manual for better performance. 43K on my last truck with VVT and nothing but 93 in the tank, with not even a foul O2 sensor.
    I am a American solder, I am a member of the finest fight force on earth, I am the bump in the night. I will defend the United states of American Against all enemies both foreign and domestic. Repent now all those who would do my nation and it's people harm; For when we come it will be too late.

2011 GMC Sierra SLE, Z71 with 5.3 l and max tow/haul package

That is the first I have heard of that. Thank you. I learned something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapelusprime View Post
    That is incorrect about VVT motors, the point to variable valve timing is you get increased performance with higher octane rated gas. Filling up with 93 will not burn your injectors with VVT. The reason many had this info was, putting 93 in a motor that has no ability to adjust timing and spark was near useless. Most stock motors are set up for economy, this means the timing is set to optimize low grade gas and not knock or ping. Using fuel higher than 93 is not recommended, GM and Toyota VVT motors suggest 93 in the owners manual for better performance. 43K on my last truck with VVT and nothing but 93 in the tank, with not even a foul O2 sensor.
    Useful info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12