GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Exactly...I do not want loud, just nice rumble and decent acceleration sound. I'm too old for
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I have a corsa on my truck. It sounds good, but not very loud.

2011 1500 Silverado LT, 4x4/Z71
    K&N, Chrome Nerfs, Run Lucas Oil fuel treatment,
    DB-CORSA cat-back system (received). :great:

I dont have blue hair. I don't wear sweater vests in the summer time..and I don't listen to fallout boy. I'm not against magnaflow because its what everyone else has, I just want to know whatelse is out there. The Magnaflow system is the best sounding system in my opinion so far..I want my truck to sound good, but I also want it to be a little unique also. If nothing else tickles my fancy, I'll go for the magnaflow, but as of right now, its really the only thing I've heard in person. I think the shop here must get good incentives to push their products.

My other option is to have a shop just weld in a MAC flowpath muffler.( I'd do it, but its flippin cold )...I know it sounds good on the 5.3 as I had it on my 02. Probably save some money, and give me the uniqueness I'm looking for.

I'm sorry if I offended any Blue-haired, sweater-vest wearing Fallout boy fans...it was just a joke.

Hey..................I like my Docker sweater-vest!

My corsa is on a yukon xl. I hardly know its there. It could be the loud tires that the previous owner put on it. When my wife pulls out of the driveway it sounds nice. Not very loud in my opinion, but that is considering that I am gauging it off of my 95 with flowmasters.(terrible drone noise on highway)

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

The parts are on the way...Ordered the magnaflow dual side exit, in front of rear tire system, K&N intake, and superchips tuner...Parts should be in tomorrow...PUMPED!

The magnaflows just sound good...clean and mellow...Should be a noticable difference as well doing it all together. Will post pics when its done..

My DB-CORSA kit arrived last weekend. Hope to install this week.

deffinatly go flowmaster i just put it on my 04 with single in dual out and it sounds amazing i went with the super 40's sounds great and really not that expensive. my buddy has the same set up except he has super 44's on his and both the 40's and 44's sound great. i do perfer the 40's though (not just because they are on my truck) because they have a better tone and not to much crackle on up throttle or down throttle

a little too later, but on my 08 5.3 i went with a Airaid CAI, BBK headers, a local muffler shop that does the exhaust work for my uncles hotrods pretty much made the rest.. 2.5", hi-flow cats, into flowmaster super 50 series muffler on either side, rear exit. my tone doesn't resonate, is very deep and relatively quiet cruising up till around 3200 RPM where it begins to make it very clear you're fixin to pass everyone lol. gonna try an post a video of how it sounds soon

As promised:
    Last edited by 08_rado_rocker; 02-01-2012 at 05:22 AM.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silveradoexhaust.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	34320

Sounds awesome...Looks awesome...Haven't really gotten to rip it yet with the intake, exhaust, and tune...Will do tomorrow.

I agree with Surreal, get what you want and dont worry about what the rest of the world is doing.

But on a side note, there is a video of a SLP Loudmouth II on youtube and it sounds GREAT. Id love to try this muffler....
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.