GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Exhaust..ing decision..

I don't know what it is, but seems like every silverado around here has a magnaflow exhaust...Getting to be like Flowmasters on a 5.0 mustang. I'll admitt, the magnaflow exhaust sounds pretty good, but i want something different. I'm looking for a deep, clean exhaust tone without the raspy-ness of a flowmaster muffler. What do you guys reccommend?
    The best sounding system I've heard was a Corsa exhaust...But I can't justify $1200 for an exhaust. I had a Mac Performance, dual exit/single side, in front of rear tire, system on my 2002 and it was perfect. Mac has nothing listed for my truck though.. :-(

I either want to stay with the stock location, or go back to the in front of rear tire exit. Stainless would be nice too, As I hope to have this truck a long time...

I have always had 40 Series Flowmasters on my trucks. When I'm ready for exhaust on my new truck it will be hard to go with something different. But, I have talked to several people who have gone with MagnaFlow and even Borla systems and are happy with them.
    '94 F-150
    '97 GMC Sierra SWB 350
    '01 Chevy Silverado 5.3 ltr
    '96 GMC Sierra 350
    '03 Dodge Ram
    '05 Chevy Silverado 5.3 ltr
    '03 Chevy Z-71 (current project)

Legend

Blog Entries

Gibson, Flowmaster, Bassani, Borla, Corsa, Pacesetter, Magnaflow

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

As of right now, The Magnaflow is leading the field...MBRP closing fast....Borla in 3rd...
    I'm staying away from Gibson. I've helped two friends install gibson systems on trucks and both trucks had very little change in sound, just shinnier tailpipes.
    Fowmaster....They are like the old reliable..when in doubt, Flowmaster it out..
    Anyone have the MBRP or Banks system???

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteLTZ View Post
    As of right now, The Magnaflow is leading the field...MBRP closing fast....Borla in 3rd...
    I'm staying away from Gibson. I've helped two friends install gibson systems on trucks and both trucks had very little change in sound, just shinnier tailpipes.
    Fowmaster....They are like the old reliable..when in doubt, Flowmaster it out..
    Anyone have the MBRP or Banks system???
    I've got the Gibson system on my '07; it definitely sounds good, and isn't harsh. The only problem I had with it initially was that the exhaust pipes slipped into the muffler stubs, not over as they should have from the manufacturer. After arguing with Gibson that they weren't manufactured correctly, I finally took them to a shop and paid $15 to have the ends expanded slightly so they would slip over the stubs. That removed a lot of back-pressure and not only improved the sound, but gave me a noticeable power increase (and 1+ better mpg when I keep my foot out of it). I've had that system for a little over 3 years; cost me ~$600 (and $15 to have the pipes expanded).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silverado.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	33156

Love my million mile warranty borla!
    "If it ain't one thing, it's a mother******g nother"

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteLTZ View Post
    I don't know what it is, but seems like every silverado around here has a magnaflow exhaust...Getting to be like Flowmasters on a 5.0 mustang. I'll admitt, the magnaflow exhaust sounds pretty good, but i want something different. I'm looking for a deep, clean exhaust tone without the raspy-ness of a flowmaster muffler. What do you guys reccommend?
    The best sounding system I've heard was a Corsa exhaust...But I can't justify $1200 for an exhaust. I had a Mac Performance, dual exit/single side, in front of rear tire, system on my 2002 and it was perfect. Mac has nothing listed for my truck though.. :-(

I either want to stay with the stock location, or go back to the in front of rear tire exit. Stainless would be nice too, As I hope to have this truck a long time...
    I tend toward Flowmaster and Magnaflow. My advice to you is to get what YOU want to get ... because YOU want it. You shouldn't get something just because others don't have it ... or avoid something just because others do have it. Pick what you like and damn the rest... as it's your truck and if you're customizing it should be a reflection of you ... not a reflection of what others are or aren't.

Default Mbrp all the way

I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 5.3L, I have put an K&N Intake and also the MBRP Cool Duals exhaust. I love it, Sound, price and look. Now my brother has a 2005 Silveraso 5.3l with the Magnaflow and the cab drone is horriable.

I reccommand the MBRP FOR the sound, looks and price is great.

Good luck.

Anyone else have the drone issue with their Magnaflows on a 2010 or 2011 Silverado 1500 5.3?? I am about ready to pull trigger on a system. Have used Corsa in the past= AWESOME, but was leaning toward the Magnaflow for the reduced cost. However, I cannot stand cab-drone.

Quote Originally Posted by SILVERADO3 View Post
    I have a 2010 Silverado 1500 5.3L, I have put an K&N Intake and also the MBRP Cool Duals exhaust. I love it, Sound, price and look. Now my brother has a 2005 Silveraso 5.3l with the Magnaflow and the cab drone is horriable.

I reccommand the MBRP FOR the sound, looks and price is great.

Good luck.

2011 1500 Silverado LT, 4x4/Z71
    K&N, Chrome Nerfs, Run Lucas Oil fuel treatment,
    DB-CORSA cat-back system (received). :great:

I have a corsa on my truck. It sounds good, but not very loud.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by