GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Where to Buy Blacked Out Bowtie Emblems for new 2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab?

Just picked up my brand new 2011 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab and looking for tailgate Bowtie that is black in clor or blacked out and possible one for the front Grill. Being it is a Blue Granit Metallic and the gold one seems to be out of place... Does anyone make one??? Have not found one checked many sites most have the ones with a black outline bowtie but not a solid Black One...

Any suggestions you can pm me if it is not appropiate to post company names other than sponsors.

Newaygo1

I painted my own, well now I changed grilles with a buddy of mine so I do not have my front one paitned black (got a chrome grille instead of my old white one, which I painted myself too)...you can find tons of custom bowties on Ebay...but like I said I painted my own, got some of that adhesive stuff (cant think of the name now LOL), paint and clear coat from autozone and done.

Thanks,

I am not an eBay fan these days and I am not into painting the ones on the truck I thought maybe some company might sell ones that would work. I guess not a high demand for them. Thanks for the info.

Newaygo1

LOL well I am out of options for you then LOL...happy hunting!

Since a few here painted their's you would think that someone would have them in different colors ones that might match the exterior truck colors or just a flat black would be nice.

Thanks I appreciate your help. Sometimes things are just not available maybe down the road someone will come up with these...

As for hunting took the best Buck here in Michigan this year... a 10 Point... Also been to Texas deer hunting and Montana. And hunting is what I like to do the most.
    My sister and her husband also live in Texas...

Take Care,
    Newaygo1
    Last edited by Newaygo1; 12-25-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newaygo1 View Post
    Thanks,

I am not an eBay fan these days and I am not into painting the ones on the truck I thought maybe some company might sell ones that would work. I guess not a high demand for them. Thanks for the info.

Newaygo1
    Suggestion:
    Since you're not into painting what's on the truck but you didn't say you don't mind painting one ... buy an OEM replacement for what's on the truck and paint that, yourself. 3 coats of black followed by 5 coats of clear coat and you should be in business. There are plenty of youtube videos on how to black out tail lights and the like that are very applicable to how to paint a bowtie. Thus, if you don't know how but are willing to learn there's material out there.

Surrreal

Here is a Part Number via Chevy Mall for Blacked out Bowtie Billets for 2007 to 2012 Silverado 1500 they also have them for the 2500 & 3500 also.

Part 261FRB for those looking...

I got an email from Chevrolet and had these listed so Chevrolet does make them...

Just passing it along...

Newaygo1

My local Chevy dealer has stickers they sell that cover up the gold area of the bowtie on the grill and tailgate, they cost $10.
    They have them in different colors and with different graffics on them.
    I'm presently stuck between an American Flag and a Texas Flag, maybe I'll get one of each and do American on front and Texas on the back.

They have the stickers at the parts cashiers counter.
    http://www.vandergriffchevrolet.com/specials/parts.htm

More evidence that this is a popular mod.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by