GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new member from s.e. kansas

My name is Gary Westervelt and live in Columbus,Ks.Just bought an '01 Tahoe 4x4 yesterday with 149,000 miles on it.

Had a '97 Z71 until this past Sunday when a lady didn't see me and pulled out in front of me

Luckily neither of us were hurt but both vehicles were totaled.That is the reason for the Tahoe being bought.ALready found the answer to a couple questions I had about the Tahoe so this looks the place to be for Chevy answers

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club!!! Im glad nobody was hurt and sorry for your loss!!!

(Scott) Myrtle Beach, SC
    January 2012 ROTM WINNER
    2011 GMC Sierra Z71 MAX 6.2 L w/ Trailering Package
    Rough Country, XD Rockstars, Nitto Trail Grapplers, N Fab, Lund Genesis, Putco, Gator Grip,
    Flowmaster 40 series, Diablosport InTune, Banks Ram Air CAI,
    WeatherTech, AVS Aeroskin, Tow Mirrors, Upgradeyourauto.com

that z71 is deffentally not totaled, unless the frame is twisted. of course repairs would cost more than what its worth but worth it to save the truck.
    btw im very familiar with tahoes so if u got any questions feel free to ask me .

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by halfpint33 View Post
    My name is Gary Westervelt and live in Columbus,Ks.Just bought an '01 Tahoe 4x4 yesterday with 149,000 miles on it.

Had a '97 Z71 until this past Sunday when a lady didn't see me and pulled out in front of me

Luckily neither of us were hurt but both vehicles were totaled.That is the reason for the Tahoe being bought.ALready found the answer to a couple questions I had about the Tahoe so this looks the place to be for Chevy answers
    Welcome aboard! Glad no one was hurt. Talk to me about what is going to happen to the 97. I have a 98 and I bet you have some parts that would work for me. Obviously the front end and air bags are not going to be reused.

The Hoe looks great and at 149,000, you got a lot of life left in her.
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Conlan Rose View Post
    that z71 is deffentally not totaled, unless the frame is twisted. of course repairs would cost more than what its worth but worth it to save the truck.
    btw im very familiar with tahoes so if u got any questions feel free to ask me .
    Yea it's totaled.Gonna cost more to fix it than it's worth.I was gonna buy it back from the insurance and rebuild it.I have a buddy who is an awesome body man.He shot me an estimate with parts only,no labor.Gonna cost more than I wanted to spend on it being it had 225,000 miles on it.Insurance gave a check for $6500 so I took it.

ah makes sense, srry that u lost ur truck. but at least you got 6500 for it

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Welcome to the club! very glad no one got hurt in the accident looks like you got a pretty good replacement for your old truck
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Thanks.I'm pleases with it so far.Can't beat a Chevy IMO

Merry Christmas and welcome to the club, sorry about the truck glad no one was hurt..

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

Welcome to the GMTC and Merry Christmas!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast