GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Check out the picture for this product on ebay (THAT'S MY TRUCK!)

So I'm looking on eBay, and I find this grille. Look at the picture of the truck.....seems to look very familiar to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...p2045653.m1253

It looks like all they did was flip this picture around:

Trying to think if maybe I should talk them into giving me a free grille, lol.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

They stole your truck! You should either be pissed or flattered.
    Doug - Idaho
    '05 Pontiac Vibe
    '04 Kawasaki KLX 300
    '03 Silverado 1500

They did take your truck picture, man I wonder if you could get something out of it. But how did you come across the pic?
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Blog Entries

I was looking for a grille similar to that one without the center bar but with a bow tie emblem in the middle of it. I actually went to that ad to grab the picture so I can start a thread asking if anybody had done that to that style of grille, and when I saw the tire of the truck and the white mirrors, I was like "Wow, that looks like my truck, lol". After a quick PB search, I realized what they had done. I sent the guy a message, but he hasn't responded yet. Curious if they are even in the US...
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    So I'm looking on eBay, and I find this grille. Look at the picture of the truck.....seems to look very familiar to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...p2045653.m1253

It looks like all they did was flip this picture around:

Trying to think if maybe I should talk them into giving me a free grille, lol.
    first things i seen was the tires are the same
    second thing which tells me no **** thats your truck is look at the pic of your truck, on the passenger side of the bumper in the chrome right above the cut out for an optional aux light you have a scuff there. now look at the advertised pic and it has the same exact scuff but reversed.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Blog Entries

There actually wasn't a scuff on that bumper at the time, it looks like it but I think it was just a reflection of the gravel. Later on after a lady and her Jeep decided to not stop at an intersection hit me, there was one on that side, lol. I just used the reflections on the window, the fact that in the advertised picture the steering wheel is on the passenger side, the white mirrors, wheels and tires as my reference. Plus, I just knew it was my truck as soon as I saw it, lol. It's like if I had a child and somebody kidnapped it, only the child is my truck and somebody grabbed a picture off the interwebs of it, lol.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T

Legend
    Blog Entries

Dang! Things like that would only happen to you...haha...Well, I guess I should be the first to Congratulate you on your trucks' first modelingl pic on the web!! She is famous now..*tears* we are so proud of you J!

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    There actually wasn't a scuff on that bumper at the time, it looks like it but I think it was just a reflection of the gravel. Later on after a lady and her Jeep decided to not stop at an intersection hit me, there was one on that side, lol. I just used the reflections on the window, the fact that in the advertised picture the steering wheel is on the passenger side, the white mirrors, wheels and tires as my reference. Plus, I just knew it was my truck as soon as I saw it, lol. It's like if I had a child and somebody kidnapped it, only the child is my truck and somebody grabbed a picture off the interwebs of it, lol.
    you do know that unless they had you sign a release to use your personal truck pic in any form of advertisement you can sue them for a percentage of every sale that they made since they published that add! talk to an attorney, if its provable then you might have a profitable case. of course ill then have to charge you a small finders fee for planting the idea of pursuing the matter
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    you do know that unless they had you sign a release to use your personal truck pic in any form of advertisement you can sue them for a percentage of every sale that they made since they published that add! talk to an attorney, if its provable then you might have a profitable case. of course ill then have to charge you a small finders fee for planting the idea of pursuing the matter
    That depends. If he put a picture of his truck on the Internet with no copyright notice on it then he may well have put it into the public domain, at which point it's fair game. Assuming it's in the public domain then there's no case. However, if it was -not- an image considered part of the public domain then he'd have to issue 'cease and desist' notices in order to give adequate time for the entity to comply with his request to cease usage of the image or pay him (i.e. he can't leap straight to 'pay up').
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 12-28-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Wow nothing like finding a new grille on your truck on ebay, If you put it out for public viewing I think they can take your picture and use it. Not sure i'd check into that.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast