GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Airbag light, blower not working on any speed

OK,
    The Solenoid on my starter went just before going away from home. I disconnected the battery and left the truck for about a month. I just returned home and finished replacing my starter? Now my service air bags light is on (on dash and DIC) and my blower fan is not working on any speed? Is this related to the battery being disconnected for a month? I have not yet driven anywhere and it has gotten much colder since originally disconnecting the battery.

Thanks
    Brown '07 Silverado LTZ V-Max

i would check the fuses. in the manual for most cars/trucks it says to turn off all electrical systems before connecting/disconnecting the battery this is because when u reconnect the battery it can cause a surge that might blow one of the fuses. the blower is usally on its own fuse so it might of blown when the battery was reconnected. and airbag light is probly on because the airbag computer is confused because it had no power it should go away over time if not u just need to clear the code on the OBD

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Ok pulled fuses on both ABS and airbags, started and ran truck, refitted fuses and all OK?

ok can u please elaborate. did u do what i said and it fixed it or did the problem still presist

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

Just did what I said, pulled fuses, started truck, shut off truck after several minute, then replaced fuses. Hope it stays away.

Thanks!

no problem! glad to help