GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bad Luck with a Chain!

So, I was looking for a place to park in my town (at night) and attempted to pull into a parking lot. Unfortunately the lot had a chain (a very poorly marked chain) and I did some damage to my front end. Now that I've torn it apart it does seem too bad...

My problem is I don't know the best way to get the parts I need.

This is a big plastic piece that holds the left lights.

Bumper cover peeled off about half way, so it is ruined.

Grill piece snapped. Maybe an aftermarket upgrade now.

Thanks!
    2005 Silverado LT Crew Cab
    5.3 Liter Engine
    ------------------------------
    Upgrades:
    Powerslot Cryo Front Rotors
    Line-X Spray In Bedliner

Planned:
    Cold Air Intake

Blog Entries

Just doing a quick search around the internet (I shouldn't say quick, I've been looking for awhile for ya), I can't find a replacement piece just for that. I'm thinking your best option would be to go to the dealer and have them take a look at it to see what they can tell you to order, and then look online for it. It almost looks like it's one full piece from drivers to passenger side, so you may end up replacing all of it.

Sorry to see that happen though.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

on that body style the whole grill has to be replaced, broke my grill on my 03 after hitting a turkey... got a cheap foreign one for around 300 (not color matched) the headlight bracket, try salvage yards... thats what i did as the right side bracket for the headlights was broken as well.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Thanks Alex and Jimmeh. The search for parts will start tomorrow
    5.3 Liter Engine
    Upgrades:
    Line-X Spray In Bedliner

Planned:
    Cold Air Intake

Try LMC and some of the salvage yards are hi-tech and maybe able to find parts for you if they don't have them, good luck
    2012 4.8 LS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jnbama View Post
    Try LMC and some of the salvage yards are hi-tech and maybe able to find parts for you if they don't have them, good luck
    I looked on LMC for him. Could not find that panel anywhere both in the online catalog and my own personal one.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Would a Haines manual or something similiar have an exploded view with part numbers. Seems like if I could find the part number it would be easier to find the part

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

These look close but not quite...

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/200...ing_panel.html

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

So, I took it off so I could get a better look at it.

2005 Silverado Left Headlight Mounting Bracket Front (Broken)

2005 Silverado Left Headlight Mounting Bracket Back (Broken)

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Makes sense now. The picture of the part is from the back. Looks like a match and only $15 bucks. Cool.
    5.3 Liter Engine
    Upgrades:
    Line-X Spray In Bedliner

Planned:
    Cold Air Intake

Quote Originally Posted by whatcomweb View Post
    So, I was looking for a place to park in my town (at night) and attempted to pull into a parking lot. Unfortunately the lot had a chain (a very poorly marked chain) and I did some damage to my front end.
    Ugh, that's terrible. However, it looks like you found your part and it's reasonably cheap. At least the ending isn't as unhappy as it could have been, yes?

It couldn't hurt to try either crazy glue & pieces of ABS or even pieces of aluminium & screws/nuts sandwiching the broken pieces together.
    You're driving is WAY more offensive than my swearing, assjack!!!

I think I'll be able to glue the grill piece back together. The headlight bracket was toast as was the front bumper cover. Looks like it may cost me around $100 bucks and I grabbed a Chiltons manual as well.

But yes, my first thought after I did it was that it would be a grand. So I'm pretty happy.
    5.3 Liter Engine
    Upgrades:
    Line-X Spray In Bedliner

Planned:
    Cold Air Intake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast