GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How To Build Boxes For 6x9's

I am wanting to build boxes for my new 6x9's but don't know if the volume inside will be enough. I'm wanting to put them behind my seat but face up so the sound will travel up. My problem and question I guess is will a box that's only 4'' tall be enough to sound good? I was wondering if making it longer would compensate for the height? Any thoughts or ideas would be great.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 4WD Classic
    2'' lift Torsion Keys and air shocks
    33/12.50 Hankook Dynapro M/T
    3 1/2'' down pipe back 6" Tip
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Smoked Tails, Cab Lights, and Side Marker Lights
    1% Rear and Side Window, 20% Front Tint
    American Racing Wheels/ With a custom black paint
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails
    Black background headlights and parking lights

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Making it longer will be fine too. As long as the Air Volume is the same. Which speakers are you useing? Are you amping them?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

They are pioneers and no I'm not. The way the amp is set i cant just put voices through them it's either all sub or all voices and if I did that then my sub would sound muddy.
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails

Legend

Ok Bad news time.. Do you like Ear bleeeds? If so stay with the Pioneers.. They are very bright and Harsh speakers. And with out any power you will not even get any Midbass.. Please tell me your not going with their 3-4 way 6x9's? Please look at a 2 way Alpine,Focal,JL Audio,Rockford. What else is in the truck?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I have 12" phoenix golds And I just recently put the pioneer door speakers in.the subs have 1200 watts to them.the reason I was looking into 6x9's is because for some reason my back speakers don't work and the only to get to them is to pull half the interior apart
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails

Legend

Ok what amp are you useing? Whats in front? What head unit are you useing?

I think it's a Nitro idk it's some amp a guy gave me and it's been bad ass so far.and I have pioneer door speakers and also the deck is pioneer
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails

Legend

Ok so you are missing all your midbass... And if you are just powering your door and rear speaker with the Head unit giving 18 watts RMS then your ears will bleed soon.. What is the RMS power at 12 volts of that amp?

Have no clue
    Dodge Towing Mirrors
    Cold Air Intake
    Edge Performance Chip
    Custom Audio System
    LED Tails

Legend

Well my guess is that it's a 2 Ch amp and just powering the subs.. What do you listen to? Do you want Nice Clean and Loud sound? Or just Loud?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast