GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Smoked Recon cab roof lights looking good on my 1500

Just installed the Smoked roof lights from RECON on my silverado 1500. I'm really happy with the turn-out, tell me what you guys think!!
    Oh, sorry about the overall cleanliness of my truck, usually it is much cleaner, this Michigan Salt kills me. Enjoy!

LIGHTS OFF:

LIGHTS ON:

Looks good.
    I love that color truck, I had a 94 Toyota the same color with a Pearl Coat over top of it, shoulda never got rid of it, when it was cleaned up and shining she caught a lot of stares.

Thanks! I'll get some better shots with the lights on when its clean. I love the color as well.
    Here is a "before" Picture....just after I washed it It's so hard to keep clean during the winter because of all the stupid salt the plow trucks put down.

Good looking truck...How was it drilling the holes for the clearence lights? Did they come with a template? Are they on a switch, or tied into the factory lights?

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteLTZ View Post
    Good looking truck...How was it drilling the holes for the clearence lights? Did they come with a template? Are they on a switch, or tied into the factory lights?
    X2. How did the installation go???

Very nice truck, I like your Recon lights also. I think Recon is one of the best aftermarket light companies. I have the Recon DRLs on my 2002 Silverado and I love them. I had to make my own mounting brackets because I wanted them to be good and solid but the lights are great and plenty bright.

looks awesome no worries about the salt...i know what that is like, you wash it and then 15 mins later it looks like it did before the bath
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Installation wise - I was too scared to do it.

Pulled it in the garage, grabbed the drill and decided..you know what, I better just pay the extra money to get it installed by a professional, so I went with that. Drilling holes in a roof is scary stuff guys haha.

They are tied right into the factory lights. They are really made for trucks that have the factory lights from GM...and for that its all just plug-and-play. really slick stuff from recon, I agree I think they are up with the best if not the best aftermarket light companies. Pretty soon I'm going to get their smoked LED tail lights & third brake light, along with some xenon headlight/foglight bulbs.

Thanks for the compliments also!

Those are so cool! Ive always wanted clearance lights, I like the big rig look of the clearance lights at night.
    2011 Silverado, ext cab, LT, Z71, 4X4, leather interior, color matched mirror caps & bowtie.

They look good man! I have had my set of Recon smoked cab roof lights for over 3 months and havent installed them yet keep not having time for it. I will def. install them in feb. since i'm getting my new super swamper m16 in 35 12.50. The led tail lights and third brake light look way better than stock that's what i have already but i smoked my third led brake light and also i have the recon tailgate light bar that is red and when in reverse is white i love it so far.

I also have the black projectors with hid's and love them more than anything ha. I guess i have invested allot in lights and still have to install the recon cab lights and also am looking at getting the recon projector reverse lights for my black led tail lights along with fog lights for bull bar and will be done with the lights.

How much did you pay to get them installed man?

2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters